Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Go 4 on Android P Beta

Sparky5332

Join
May 7, 2018
I installed the beta version of Android today which is version P. My DJI app crashed upon launch. I have tried everything to make it work to no avail. I recommend you do not upgrade the Android device that you use to fly.
The risks of trying a beta!

I installed the beta version of Android today which is version P. My DJI app crashed upon launch. I have tried everything to make it work to no avail. I recommend you do not upgrade the Android device that you use to fly.
The risks of trying a beta!

Yes, even though I beta test a lot of software, I do so on devices that are not my primary. On my primary devices or computers, I wait to update until the released versions have been out awhile unless I specifically need a certain new feature. Keep us updated if anything changes please.

I'm trying to opt out, just waiting for the update to roll in. There are many "features" I dislike in the new version and I'll be staying on Oreo for as long as I can.

Yes, even though I beta test a lot of software, I do so on devices that are not my primary. On my primary devices or computers, I wait to update until the released versions have been out awhile unless I specifically need a certain new feature. Keep us updated if anything changes please.

I see this is an older thread, but has anyone installed the "official" Android P on their Pixel and tried it with the app yet? I have a Pixel XL (from the Google Store, on Verizon), and I just got the notice that the system update is available.

I was hesitating until i heard it didn't cause any issues with DJI Go and Android Auto

I see this is an older thread, but has anyone installed the "official" Android P on their Pixel and tried it with the app yet? I have a Pixel XL (from the Google Store, on Verizon), and I just got the notice that the system update is available.

I was hesitating until i heard it didn't cause any issues with DJI Go and Android Auto
My DJI Go app keeps shutting down since updating to Pie. I also have the Pixel XL.

My DJI Go app keeps shutting down since updating to Pie. I also have the Pixel XL.

I see the same thing. I went ahead because I was seeing some indicators that the beta was fixed some time ago to with with Go.

Fortunately it rained today, so this didn't affect things much. I actually am working on getting my Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 set up with DJI Go, but haven't been able to do a full test as I don't have a mount for the controller for this tablet yet.

I am running the full release of Android p on my pixel 2 xl. DJI4 works fine for me.

I am running the full release of Android p on my pixel 2 xl. DJI4 works fine for me.
Interesting. My pixel XL shows the logo and then dumps back to the desktop.

Seems like the various phones might be acting differently. I have an online banking app that crashes since the update to Pie.

I have a regular pixel recently updated to Pie. It crasher repeatedly. Reinstalled the app fresh and it worked closed it and tried to reopen and it crashed again

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar