Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI GO4 APP AND SPARK UPDATES

irvine

Join
Dec 26, 2018
When an update arrives where can you see it and better still where can you download it still can't find updates IS THERE ANY.

When a new version of DJI GO is available, you can download it from the Google Play store on an Android device or the App Store on an Apple device. Neither type of device will notify you when a new version of DJI GO is available. You'll need to manually open the app store and check for an update.

If your mobile device is connected to the Internet, DJI GO will display a message when a new firmware update is available. You can install new firmware from DJI GO like this:

When DJI releases new Spark firmware, they update the release notes on the Spark downloads page. So, you could visit that page to look for updates too.

Reactions: charliespark
When a new version of DJI GO is available, you can download it from the Google Play store on an Android device or the App Store on an Apple device. Neither type of device will notify you when a new version of DJI GO is available. You'll need to manually open the app store and check for an update.

If your mobile device is connected to the Internet, DJI GO will display a message when a new firmware update is available. You can install new firmware from DJI GO like this:

When DJI releases new Spark firmware, they update the release notes on the Spark downloads page. So, you could visit that page to look for updates too.
Hi nice quick reply thanks for your help regards Irvine

Not sure we will see any more firmware updates... this model is moving towards end of life. I have not seen a firmware update since July of last year. Go gets updated for all the new models and Sparks.
Might be a good point about end of life. My son just got a firmware update last week, which he installed before we went flying. His drone flew for 3 minutes, then lost contact with the controller, and was never seen again. We're in communications with DJI on this, but so far they're not recognizing this as a failure on their behalf. We're experienced Spark pilots (I have one, too), take all of the pre-flight precautions and fly in a safe area. I hope DJI continues their otherwise positive product support.

My son just got a firmware update last week, which he installed before we went flying. His drone flew for 3 minutes, then lost contact with the controller, and was never seen again. We're in communications with DJI on this, but so far they're not recognizing this as a failure on their behalf.
I've reviewed lots of lost drone cases and have never seen one that was caused by a firmware update. Did he post his flight log here? If not, you should ask him to do so. Maybe we can help him find his lost Spark.

Thank you for your reply, msinger.
I can check with him on this. So far, he's only sent in his flight records to DJI. We did use the Find My Drone feature offered by the software, and went to the spot where the controller indicated the drone might be. We scoured the area for several hours (the area was a flat, sandy wash, no trees, no buildings). Even went out on another day to continue the search. After the drone lost contact with the controller, we assumed it would return home, but it didn't. The drone had at least 12 minutes of flight left in its battery. I'm hoping that it wasn't a software upgrade that did this, but still, the drone didn't return home. I'm sure DJI gets its share of complaints from people who were reckless with their drone and lost it and then are trying to get a free replacement. That doesn't apply to us, we're not part of that group.

I can check with him on this. So far, he's only sent in his flight records to DJI.
Sounds good. I'd be happy to take a look if he can post the flight log here.

Hey msinger,
Thanks for answering the question that will probably benefit a lot of new Spark pilots and a big thank you for giving us Ty in the video.

Reactions: msinger

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef