Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Goggles

@Mark_TI noted that general flight by goggles only sounds hazardous without a RC in the user's hands for obvious reasons like immediate course corrections or stopping flight.

You can't fly the Mavic without a controller, not sure where you are getting the thought that you could?

The only reason I left the controller turned off was to prove that your suggestion that the goggles might link through the controller was incorrect.

Now, to get back on point for this forum, with the Spark you will be able to fly without a controller if you want, but you can't use the goggles at all in that circumstance as the Spark requires the goggles to connect via USB to the controller.

You can't fly the Mavic without a controller, not sure where you are getting the thought that you could?

The only reason I left the controller turned off was to prove that your suggestion that the goggles might link through the controller was incorrect.

Now, to get back on point for this forum, with the Spark you will be able to fly without a controller if you want, but you can't use the goggles at all in that circumstance as the Spark requires the goggles to connect via USB to the controller.

Yes you can fly the Mavic without the controller using your phone.

They sell them cheaper without it here:
Buy Mavic Pro - Aircraft (Excludes Remote Controller and Battery Charger)

We also have the dji googles and love them.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20170117/Mavic+Pro+Quick+Start+Guide+V1.2.pdf

Last edited:
Yes you can fly the Mavic without the controller using your phone.

Keep in mind that we are talking about using the goggles in this thread.

To use the phone as a controller you have to switch the Mavic to WiFi mode.

In WiFi mode you cannot connect the goggles as they use OcuSync, so no, when using the goggles you cannot fly the Mavic without the controller...

Wow...so much confusion....NO, the spark cannot be connected to Goggles, except by direct WIRED connection to the controller. The problem is that THEN, your display device, ie, iPhone 6S Plus, as in my case, loses video feed from the drone, so the goggles have all of the video display, and your phone no longer does. I'm looking for the setting that allows dual display output as my P3P does, but can't find anything on it, no forum threads have produced any answers, and any number of facebook "Spark" pages have gone numb to giving any answers.....

I'm looking for the setting that allows dual display output as my P3P does, but can't find anything on it
You can connect the DJI Goggles to a tablet that has an HDMI output (e.g. Nvidia Shield K1).

Last edited:
Another question: what about flight logs / sync on DJI profile (and related growth, cumulative distance and time...) when you fly the Spark with DJI goggles? And how is the limit of height and distance (50m/30m) handled since you are not logged with your DJI account in DJI GO?

what about flight logs / sync on DJI profile (and related growth, cumulative distance and time...) when you fly the Spark with DJI goggles?
Flight logs are not created on the mobile device when flying with only the DJI Goggles. Logs will be created if you connect the DJI Goggles to a mobile device via an HDMI cable.

how is the limit of height and distance (50m/30m) handled since you are not logged with your DJI account in DJI GO?
You'll need to connect the Spark to DJI GO to lift the restrictions before connecting the goggles.

Thank yoy msinger. So, let's forget logs (I use either an iphone 6s or an iPad pro, so no hdmi output - I use the goggles this way with my P3P with hdmi board in the transmitter).
To lift the restrictions then the workflow should be:
Remote with ios device via Otg, start all and connect spark. Once ready to take off in DJI GO 4, disconnect lightning cable from otg adapter and insert the micro usb cable coming from the goggles, switch them on and they should connect and work without range limits. Right?

Remote with ios device via Otg, start all and connect spark. Once ready to take off in DJI GO 4, disconnect lightning cable from otg adapter and insert the micro usb cable coming from the goggles, switch them on and they should connect and work without range limits. Right?
Yes, that should work. You'll need to go through that process again after switching the Spark battery.

Sounds not very practical... I'll probably keep the googgles for my p3p only considering also the limited range in EU for the spark (wifi output power limitation).... waiting for phantom 5!!!

I've returned my DJI googles, and bought instead the Epson BT-300, that after trying those I have difficulty's reading the icons, those glasses are more intelligent than the Vusix or the DJI goggles, for you can see the drone and the video feed without having to remove your glasses, quite expensive but it does the job, if it wasn't for the script too small and not easy to read, has anyone ever use those Epson BT-300?

I have the goggles and they work well. The only drawback for me is that there is no way to focus so its like looking at the tv 2 inches in front of your face. For me they work better with super high powered readers on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef