Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Googles connection and camera view status

RLB

Join
Mar 18, 2018
New to google setup and use question: Once the goggles are connected to the RC controller, Spark turned on
and green light is showing on the controller, USB/Micro USB connected to RC controller and headset of googles, what google setting is necessary to see the camera view of the Spark, video or photo?

Understand your connection process, will give it a go. I had been using the following steps: turn on Spark, turn on controller, wait for green light on controller showing connection with Spark, plug in USB/OTG adapter to controller, USB cable/Micro USB into headset. Problem may be in the lose connection at the controller as you suggested. DJI tested the goggles and found no problem; would not ship a set of connecting cables and that worked on their bench test so may have the same problem when I get them back 4/4/2018. Do you have a source to get reliable cables, prices and quality run the gambit?

I have found DJI to be most inflexible in dealing with their support but lay this off to their culture, rigid hierarchy of decision making which is pervasive in dealing with
Asian companies.

Understand your connection process, will give it a go. I had been using the following steps: turn on Spark, turn on controller, wait for green light on controller showing connection with Spark, plug in USB/OTG adapter to controller, USB cable/Micro USB into headset. Problem may be in the lose connection at the controller as you suggested. DJI tested the goggles and found no problem; would not ship a set of connecting cables and that worked on their bench test so may have the same problem when I get them back 4/4/2018. Do you have a source to get reliable cables, prices and quality run the gambit?

I have found DJI to be most inflexible in dealing with their support but lay this off to their culture, rigid hierarchy of decision making which is pervasive in dealing with
Asian companies.
Just so you know, the video is not my video. I just refer to it when I used the goggles with Spark. DJI sells an OTG cable that I use from the RC to the goggles. you need a second USB cable to connect from the OTG cable to the goggles, but you probably have one of those just lying around. Be sure to get an OTG cable, and you might as well get the one from DJI

Richard, much appreciate your input. I have the USB/micro USB to connect to the goggles and the USB/OTG adapter which I plug into the RC controller. This apparently is where I have connection troubles. I will look into the DJI OTG cable that connects directly to the RC controller from the goggles. Thanks again.
Bob

Your welcome. You need both. DJI OTG from the RC, then another USB from the OTG to the goggles. the DJI OTG is about six inches long. It does not connect directly to the goggles. So, OTG from the RC, then micro USB from the OTG to the goggles. You'll see.

Just ordered the 6" OTG/USB from DJI. I have or will have when I get the goggles back the Micro USB/USB cable that came with the goggles. May have enough cables to hang myself with before I get the thing to connect.
Bob

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef