Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI spark weird issue (won't charge, but will connect to PC)

ShockTheNorth

Join
Dec 15, 2023
Hello everyone! I'm very new to drones, and picked up a crashed Spark.

The guy I bought it off of, charged it, used it but the camera didn't work, so he sold it.
He fully charged it before I bought it, so I was able to fly it right away, after fixing the camera connection.

BUT after getting the battery low, I cannot get it to charge off the USB port. I can connect it to the PC, I can move files off the SD card, I haven't tried to connect to assistant yet, as it died completely before I could.

Ive tried numerous cords and charge blocks, to see if that was the issue. It also doesn't charge when connected to the PC.

Any help on this is very much appreciated. I'm not shy to tear into it, if I have to.

Great! Glad you got it working. The Spark is a wonderful drone to learn on.
Have you ever had a grainy issue with your drone live feed? I'm wondering if I should dig deeper into the camera connections.

This is how it looks throughout the flight, and on the footage on my phone.
Haven't gotten a video on an SD card yet.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231216_081034_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20231216_081034_Photos.jpg
    803 KB · Views: 7
Have you ever had a grainy issue with your drone live feed? I'm wondering if I should dig deeper into the camera connections.

This is how it looks throughout the flight, and on the footage on my phone.
Haven't gotten a video on an SD card yet.
If you are saving video to the Spark it is a lower quality than saving to the SD card.

Reactions: ShockTheNorth
Does anyone have a holystone rid module and if so where should I place it so it doesn't interfere with the gps on drone. Please advise. Thanks

If you are saving video to the Spark it is a lower quality than saving to the SD card.
Thanks for the tip! I'll see how the video footage looks on the SD card, if this card works with the drone that is. Just formatted it with my PC, and with the drone, so we'll see if it's compatible during the next flight.

Is your live footage to your phone clear, when flying typically? Does this change based on if you have an SD card in the drone?

Thank you, and sorry for all the questions. The drone flies absolutely perfect, and I've flown it twice now. Already looking at getting another one, to fly between battery charges😂.

Does anyone have a holystone rid module and if so where should I place it so it doesn't interfere with the gps on drone. Please advise. Thanks
Don't know if you've got an answer, but mounting it at the midpoint of the "fuselage" about where the vents are on the left & right sides. That puts it clear of components like GPS.

SD card does not affect the live feed
I ordered a new gimbal cable and that fixed the camera issue. The camera got worse up until this repair, to the point that it was connecting and disconnecting while trying to fly. Now the footage is crystal clear, and the gimbal operates flawlessly.
Also, I've had it apart so many times now, I could probably do it in my sleep😂.

Reactions: SoccerRef12

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast