Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI joins the Hunt

It would be akin to making a rule that airplane Flights can't be tracked if they did not do it.

I'm not so sure a wayward Spark or Tello could wreak quite the similar havoc as a manned plane. But to some, it might seem like parity in rulemaking, and a prudent solution.

FAA have an obsession with drone regulation. The best thing they could spend their money on is some psychological help.
If you look at the numbers, golf is far more dangerous than drones and the PGA should mostly be a band organization.
Not one manned aircraft has crashed as a result of any drone and FAA are still rabbiting on about the risks. Meanwhile ultralight aircraft crash and kill people every day, with barely any regulation.

We have the same issue here in the UK, the British Airline Pilots Association are obsessed with what is going to happen if a drone collides with manned aircraft, and when you point out there has already been three collisions and no deaths, they dismiss the "evidence" as being inconclusive.

I live quiet near an airfield, about 2km away, and they are complete idiots, I once phoned up the ATC and said just to let you know I'm going to be flying a drone here (2km away from the runway, off a km to the right of their flight path, in a built up area), but I'll stay below the tree line and won't go over 300 foot, their answer was yeah ok, but we need you to: 1) complete a disclaimer for each flight, you can get it on our website, 2) phone us for clearance before you take off, 3) phone us when you are in the air, and 4) phone us again when you're back down.

I said I'm flying a king King GT which stays in the air for all of 3 minutes, weights 140grams and couldn't pull the skin off rice pudding, are you sure? He said yes, it's out rules, so I said can you guarantee your pilots will maintain minimum of 1000 feet over (our housing estate) as its a built up area, he said no it's 500 foot, we argued (I was right) and I never did give him any of my flight details before he hung up.

I don't even bother now, when the spark gets over 100 feet up you can't hear it, let alone see it easily, so I just fly now and say screw you to them, they're paranoid idiots, while I was flying at the weekend a plane went over where I was standing, completely against CAA regulation for this area, but hey they're manned aviation so rules only apply when they want them to.

We have the same issue here in the UK, the British Airline Pilots Association are obsessed with what is going to happen if a drone collides with manned aircraft, and when you point out there has already been three collisions and no deaths, they dismiss the "evidence" as being inconclusive.

I live quiet near an airfield, about 2km away, and they are complete idiots, I once phoned up the ATC and said just to let you know I'm going to be flying a drone here (2km away from the runway, off a km to the right of their flight path, in a built up area), but I'll stay below the tree line and won't go over 300 foot, their answer was yeah ok, but we need you to: 1) complete a disclaimer for each flight, you can get it on our website, 2) phone us for clearance before you take off, 3) phone us when you are in the air, and 4) phone us again when you're back down.

I said I'm flying a king King GT which stays in the air for all of 3 minutes, weights 140grams and couldn't pull the skin off rice pudding, are you sure? He said yes, it's out rules, so I said can you guarantee your pilots will maintain minimum of 1000 feet over (our housing estate) as its a built up area, he said no it's 500 foot, we argued (I was right) and I never did give him any of my flight details before he hung up.

I don't even bother now, when the spark gets over 100 feet up you can't hear it, let alone see it easily, so I just fly now and say screw you to them, they're paranoid idiots, while I was flying at the weekend a plane went over where I was standing, completely against CAA regulation for this area, but hey they're manned aviation so rules only apply when they want them to.
I'm in Australia so FAA are kind of an annoyance rather than a threat but the regulations here are being slowly affected by them. I participated in our initial CASA survey to establish drone regulation and they were very sensible in the first place. FAA and the pilots association have now influenced CASA to add to the first version and it's threatening to get worse.

As you said manned aviation infringes on our air space constantly and no one mentions it. Even TV station and news companies defame drone operators while using drones every day for their own purposes.

DJI need to use their custom base to join us together and oppose this witch hunt, in a united way . Joining with FAA to spy on their own customers is crazy.

Yeah I don't know who wrote the new regs at the Government into law here (that will come into effect in about 6 weeks time) but according to the go to guy at the CAA they have the manned pilots association spitting blood over them as they have effectively relaxed the regulations for us and tightened them up for manned flight, maybe the Governmemt got as fedup of the scaremongering as the rest of us.

As you said manned aviation infringes on our air space constantly and no one mentions it.

Don't even know where to start here.. so I won't.

1981984_10202882106349739_1646133045_n.jpg

Reactions: Hotwire
Yeah I don't know who wrote the new regs at the Government into law here (that will come into effect in about 6 weeks time) but according to the go to guy at the CAA they have the manned pilots association spitting blood over them as they have effectively relaxed the regulations for us and tightened them up for manned flight, maybe the Governmemt got as fedup of the scaremongering as the rest of us.
Wow I'm impressed. Let's hope this is a trend.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme