Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Mavic 2 Zoom - A review from a Spark Pilot

Rocco Germani

Join
Jul 6, 2018
Loc
VA
I know I'm a traitor now but this is an epic drone. Check out the video, where I give my thoughts, all of them from a spark pilots perspective.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gavieboydgi
Yeah I can't stand this wifi transmission system for one more day [emoji23]
No doubt. Even my 3 year old P3A triples the range with Lightbridge. I hate WiFi transmission tech. Outdated and incredibly limited.

No need for anyone to go out and spend $1449 for an M2P for the distance. An MP has plenty of distance and you can get them for half the price of a new M2P.

Reactions: Rocco Germani
No need for anyone to go out and spend $1449 for an M2P for the distance. An MP has plenty of distance and you can get them for half the price of a new M2P.
Yeah I'm probably going to bug a Mavic pro eventually. (I don't own the Mavic in the video)

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

DJI officially made a statement that they will no longer produce (as in manufacture) the Mavic Pro and P4 line. That said, I would imagine that prices on all of these will continue to drop as the company prepares to launch the P5 next spring.

This doesn’t mean that they’re going to stop selling them. Just means that production is being phased out. Should be some awesome prices on these come Black Friday .

DJI officially made a statement that they will no longer produce (as in manufacture) the Mavic Pro and P4 line. That said, I would imagine that prices on all of these will continue to drop as the company prepares to launch the P5 next spring.

This doesn’t mean that they’re going to stop selling them. Just means that production is being phased out. Should be some awesome prices on these come Black Friday .
That's the problem, but they will become cheaper, and that's the good thing.

Reactions: RPL
I’m torn between buying a Mavic Pro for $799, or spending a bit extra to order the Pro 2. One thing I try to remind myself is that the amazing footage we all see online is from people who travel the world and create video projects of unrivaled scenery. The majority of us travel less frequent, as well as nowhere near as far away. That said, spending $1400 on a drone that I’m going to use 90% of the time in my home state is just silly. If only I could win the lottery and travel the world with my drone..........lol

I’m torn between buying a Mavic Pro for $799, or spending a bit extra to order the Pro 2. One thing I try to remind myself is that the amazing footage we all see online is from people who travel the world and create video projects of unrivaled scenery. The majority of us travel less frequent, as well as nowhere near as far away. That said, spending $1400 on a drone that I’m going to use 90% of the time in my home state is just silly. If only I could win the lottery and travel the world with my drone..........lol
Yeah, it is an incredible drone, but that comes at a cost.

I thought to finally have here peace of the DJI Mavic Pro 2 & DJI Mavic Zoom hype. ;)

Add the P3SE to the obsolete pile. Mavics are still holding their value pretty well.

You can get an MP for much less than that now as a refurb. Then take the difference and go on a nice vacation.

I have the M2P and M2Z and I like my MP and Spark more than the 2 new Mavics.

As a potential M2 zoom owner, why?
Just curious.

M2P and Z are like the Buicks of the Mavic line. If DJI made a land yacht, the M2P would be it. They are heavy with 4s batteries, and weigh almost 20% more than the MP.

Great technology, but hefty price tag and cant use most of the MP's accessories.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme