Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Dji spark sunhood

If the sun is coming from the wrong angle then potentially yes. It can eliminate that flicker you see on the screen as the light comes through the blades. It can also do what any other sunshade would do and help reduce flaring and haze if the light hits the lens at too acute an angle. I’m not speaking from personal experience though as I’ve been debating getting one but the light issue hasn’t happened often enough for me to actually order one yet.

Last edited:
I purchased a sunshade and it was useless. Regardless of which way I was facing it made no difference. I would suggest looking at the map on the display with the triangle representing the spark just follow your line back to you if you lose sight of it. My experience screen shade worthless, but then again its only 8.00

Research this Fourm as some of the sun hoods on the market may interfer with the gimbal when taking a pano / sphere photo because the camera tilts up beyond the user range of gimbal motion.

Yes, I’m always hesitant to add anything extra to the Spark, especially to the camera. I’m surprised it didn’t make any difference though. Not sure if it’s just coincidence but thinking about it, I haven’t had any real issues with the sun and haze or propellor flicker since I put an ND filter on the lens. Maybe my spark just needed sunglasses rather than a sunshade.

Hello frome greece!
Does the sunhood makes any difference? ??
View attachment 4416
I own that one. No issues with Panos, it does help with sun glare, in my experience. Also in my opinion, it cradles the camera and gimbal from strong winds. Any help with saving the tiny mechanisms from having to work too hard is good to me. I used mine since day 1.
The one issue Ive experienced is when moving foward very quickly, such as in Sportmode, the camera will capture the top of the sunshade briefly. Not a big deal for me since I use my Spark for shooting video and not racing around.
We all will have different opinions on this, but it’s a keeper with my flights.
Cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502