Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Does anyone use this

Highflyer

Join
Nov 10, 2018
Loc
Sanborn, Mn (USA)
does anyone use the Spark STROBON Cree Strobe Light? total weight of light and the mount is 4g I was thinking about getting one that mounts on the back so it doesn't mess with the pictures/video. I thought it would be a good idea if for some reason the main battery died. any thoughts on this?

1547090951210.png

Last edited:
I have a red and white strobe that are useful for overcast days and night flights.

I have mine attached via "Velcro" type fasteners on the prop guards.

20181216_115006.jpg

Last edited:
does anyone use the Spark STROBON Cree Strobe Light?
I make them :)

I'm happy to answer questions about them if you have any. For anyone else that's interested, these light mounts are available in my store here.

Reactions: Haggi
I have just bought 2 white and was wondering how to mount them. Is the Velcro ' strong' enough?

This is the product that I used.
It's better than regular Velcro.

20180706_162916.jpg

DO NOT MOUNT THEM on the bottom of the Spark near the VPS camera. The intense flashing of the strobe blinds the VPS and the Spark has a hard time maintaining altitude 0-25 feet.

Mine bounced in the air right after launch like a pogo stick until I made a rough landing.

Scariest 30 second flight ever.:p

I have just bought 2 white and was wondering how to mount them. Is the Velcro ' strong' enough?

Thought I throw this in for the heck of it.

It's what I store my strobes in when not in use.

20190110_135323.jpg

I'm a big fan of repurposing items that may have "another life".

This little container was perfect for the job.

Thanks, great for tracing in dense vegetation. Just the price :(

This item is new and was mentioned here on the Forum recently.

Tile Pro.

It has a range of 300 feet and half the price.

When I purchased my tracker a year ago, Bluetooth only had a range of about 50 feet.

This item is new and was mentioned here on the Forum recently.

Tile Pro.

It has a range of 300 feet and half the price.

When I purchased my tracker a year ago, Bluetooth only had a range of about 50 feet.

That is very interesting information which prompted me to research further. I just ordered a Tile Pro primarily due to these 4 advantages:

1. Bluetooth technology does not requires require direct line of sight
2. When out of bluetooth range the app shows last known location on a map
3. Ability for other Tile owners to help search with their own app/device
4. Price

I had some original Tiles and wasn't aware how much they have improved. Thanks for alerting me

CF5520FA-C97C-40D9-89CD-7FF32BC5BF43.jpeg

Reactions: Spark 317
had some original Tiles and wasn't aware how much they have improved. Thanks for alerting me

That's why I didn't care for them at the time. No replaceable battery and the limited range.

Reactions: Andre Levite
This is the product that I used.
It's better than regular Velcro.

View attachment 8277

DO NOT MOUNT THEM on the bottom of the Spark near the VPS camera. The intense flashing of the strobe blinds the VPS and the Spark has a hard time maintaining altitude 0-25 feet.

Mine bounced in the air right after launch like a pogo stick until I made a rough landing.

Scariest 30 second flight ever.:p
These are some great fasteners. I use them to mount my Mobius cameras on my high wing planes, drones, jets, and boats.

Reactions: Spark 317
Since this thread has gone a little sideways - I'll risk asking another 3 Tile questions:
How did you attach it to the Spark?
Any noticeable communications interference?
Do you know the weight?

What's with all the yellow dots?

A Forum member lost his Spark in thick brush and the only way he found it was by chance the sunlight glistened off of the 4 brass contacts of the battery.

Here's the picture he took and I circled it.

September 23, 2018 40024 AM EDT.jpg

I took a paper hole punch and made a bunch of dots from highly reflective D.O.T tape that really pops when the light hits it, should I have to do a search and rescue mission night or day.

What is the battery life on the Tile Pro?

I don't own one, just suggested it.

My tracker is good for 7 months, the Tiles may have a similar life span?

BTW, thanks for the reminder, my batteries have been active for over a year and still function.

Time to change them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex