Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Does Litchi send flight data to dji?

AirCam

Join
May 29, 2018
Loc
Florida
I think the title says it all. I want to know if my drone activity is being collected and provided to someone I don't want to share that info with.

Because you can activate DJI Drones only with the original DJI Go App I do not think Litchi sends anything to to DJI. I think Litchi sends data only if you connect the Litchi App to the Litchi Mission Hub for synchonizing flight missions.

Trust me, the drone CAN be activated without the original DJI GO app. Why would anyone use Litchi without connecting to the Litchi Mission Hub? The VLM Planner and Mission Hub are the only reason I bought Litchi. My concern is that Litchi was developed using the DJI Software Development Kit, and that SDK could have code in it that sends information to DJI without my knowledge and permission. If I determine that to be the case, I will not use Litchi. I guess I will have to use a network sniffer to get a real answer. I was just hoping that someone had already done it and could tell me what it does.

Can you activate any DJI Drone with Litchi? Yes you can also use the DJI Assistant 2 on a Windows PC but come down dude, the question was is Litchi sending flight data to DJI and I said I do not think so because Litchi is a independent App for DJI Drones and does not comunicate with the DJI Hub i.e. when the Drone is not activated u can not use the Litchi App.

Official word from someone who isn't just guessing:
SEP 21, 2018 | 08:29AM UTC
Litchi replied:
Hi,
We do not send data to DJI.
Kind Regards,
Litchi

Ridiculous to call this official. :p
I'm out here, can not take you seriously anymore.

Official word from someone who isn't just guessing:
SEP 21, 2018 | 08:29AM UTC
Litchi replied:
Hi,
We do not send data to DJI.
Kind Regards,
Litchi
I'm good with that information. Seriously. :)

Reactions: AirCam

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe