Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Does the Spark do exposure lock?

RandyH

Join
Mar 3, 2018
I'm used to the Phantom, and whenever I flew it with auto exposure, a little blue padlock would appear in the top right-hand corner of the DJI Go4 app. But I can't seem to see it when I select auto exposure on the Spark. Is there something I might be doing wrong here?

I’m only new to the Spark so I’m only just playing with the camera settings - and I rarely use auto exposure on any camer - so I am a bit vague about how you lock the exposure using the user interface but I’m assuming it does have it because exposure lock is one of the options you can set for the two custom remote buttons.

I'm used to the Phantom, and whenever I flew it with auto exposure, a little blue padlock would appear in the top right-hand corner of the DJI Go4 app. But I can't seem to see it when I select auto exposure on the Spark. Is there something I might be doing wrong here?
Yes you can. I did assign the customizable button under the snap shot button to do a toggle for exposure lock.

Reactions: MannyCAM2001
Me too! It’s a cameramans best friend on the Spark. A simple tap and your video has consistent exposure thru-out. Love it.
The only difference is I made it the button on top of controller. The one under the photo, I made “The camera snap down” this really helps when manually landing or RTH landing.

I can't see the exposure lock as one of the options for the customize buttons, can someone post a snapshot of it? Thanks.

Button Customizations, scroll thru and look for AE/ Lock
When you learn when to set it, it will be a huge difference in your video, aside from filters.

Attachments

• 02D2F8C5-8B84-4A36-A494-062EECF88FA5.png
    02D2F8C5-8B84-4A36-A494-062EECF88FA5.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 31
@MannyCAM2001 The drone fairy didn't give me that, see picture attached.

I don't have AE Lock/Unlock as an option, why?

20180309_213021.jpg

Last edited:
Can you scroll up in that list, you should be able to. Slide your finger up. If you’re running the latest version, and you’re flying the Spark, it has to be there, Rafa7

Reactions: Rafa7
Can you scroll up in that list, you should be able to. Slide your finger up. If you’re running the latest version, and you’re flying the Spark, it has to be there, Rafa7

Thanks @MannyCAM2001 !
Dude, I'm so happy, is right there together with six other additional options o_O

Hey, that info is not in the dumb manual, I finished reading that thing and it actually game no new insight for my Spark than what I already knew -booo the manual :mad:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502