Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Dolly Zoom Effect

Thanks mates, glad you liked it!
The Dolly Zoom Effect is built-in in the Mavic 2 Zoom, but if you don't have the M2 Zoom, it can also be simulated in post using this trick which I saw in Devin's video (link below). I tested it on my MA2 footage, but of course any drone footage will work too.
As with all 'special effects', best used judiciously... [emoji23]
Try it out!
Cheers and safe flying,
Ranjit

Thank you Rwarrior. I have that effect in my Video ProX editing program. I used it once with my P4P footage but as you say, a little goes a long way. Very cool effect.
Twickers, it does play with your eyes and give an uncomfortable feeling for some. Fun tool when you want that effect.

Thanks mates, glad you liked it!
The Dolly Zoom Effect is built-in in the Mavic 2 Zoom, but if you don't have the M2 Zoom, it can also be simulated in post using this trick which I saw in Devin's video (link below). I tested it on my MA2 footage, but of course any drone footage will work too.
As with all 'special effects', best used judiciously... [emoji23]
Try it out!
Cheers and safe flying,
Ranjit

The mavic zoom has a dial so you dont touch the screen at least my smart controller does not sure about the original controller that comes with it.

Made me go slightly wobbly. Everything was moving backwards and forwards. Opticians for me! Seriously how on earth did you get that effect it’s brilliant.

If you use davinci resolve, it's call dynamic zoom. Basically, you shoot a video with your drone slowly moving away from your subject, and then in post, you gradually zoom into your subject (dynamic zoom), effectively keeping it the same size, but it causes the background to look like it's getting bigger.

Reactions: dudez and RotorWash
Well well well... DJI just dropped a firmware update for the MA2 that now includes digital zoom!! Awesome..
I can't wait to try it out, especially the dolly zoom effect... [emoji23]

Cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme