Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Drone Imagery Software

AJFerrand

Join
Mar 12, 2020
Hello,

I am new to the SparkPilots forum and new to the drone community. The local government agency I work for is looking to get into drone mapping. Our purpose is to collect imagery on new builds such as commercial buildings or subdivisions. The new subdivisions a year come out to about 472 acres or 292 lots. We are unsure as to what software to get (i.e. Drone2Map, Pix4D, DroneDeploy, etc.). We would love any and all feedback on the route to go.

Thank You,
AJFerrand

Last edited:
Hello from the Hoosier Heartland AJFerrand.

If in the USA and using a drone for business purposes, you'll have to be a Part 107 pilot.

Just throwing that wrench in the mix.

Use the search engine of this Forum and look for mapping threads. Here's one.

I recall reading that the Spark was being a little difficult when mapping due to the camera not tilting a full 90 degrees down.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
Hello,

I am new to the SparkPilots forum and new to the drone community. The local government agency I work for is looking to get into drone mapping. Our purpose is to collect imagery on new builds such as commercial buildings or subdivisions. The new subdivisions a year come out to about 472 acres or 292 lots. We are unsure as to what software to get (i.e. Drone2Map, Pix4D, DroneDeploy, etc.). We would love any and all feedback on the route to go.

Thank You,
AJFerrand
I would start with having them buy you a nicer drone .

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland AJFerrand.

If in the USA and using a drone for business purposes, you'll have to be a Part 107 pilot.

Just throwing that wrench in the mix.

Use the search engine of this Forum and look for mapping threads. Here's one.

I recall reading that the Spark was being a little difficult when mapping due to the camera not tilting a full 90 degrees down.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:
My spark camera gimbal does rotate to a full -90°

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme