Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Drone on plane

haf

Join
Aug 3, 2018
Hello

I’m traveling next week to Prague and I would like to know if there is any restrictions to keep my drone in my backpack in the cabin mainly because of the batteries.

Thanks

The drone batteries are well within the restrictions of any airline to carry in the cabin. Some airlines mention that batteries should be carried inside lipo bags but they only create more suspicion during security check. I have always carried my Spark docked in the DJI portable charging station (with 2 extra batteries) in my cabin baggage.

Have taken Spark et al to the US and fly here in the UK and no problems so long as you carry it with you in your hand luggage. I have bought a special travel bag for it but you could use the polystyrene container the craft came in when new. Bon voyage.

Reactions: BryanRoberts2
I
Hello

I’m traveling next week to Prague and I would like to know if there is any restrictions to keep my drone in my backpack in the cabin mainly because of the batteries.

Thanks
I flew from Gatwick airport and the made me put my drone in the hold and take my batteries and rc as hand luggage it was quite weird but I just did it so I did not have a hassle getting through customs. You can read up on the airlines website for more rules and regulations on carrying drones on planes.

Reactions: BryanRoberts2
Should be no problem to take the Spark with you, however I would avoid flying your Spark inside the Airplane ;)

• Wow
Reactions: Barbara

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast