Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Drone yaws?

JS1500

Join
Dec 23, 2018
I got a Spark a few days ago and I love it -- I've been flying it several times a day since I got it up and running. Today I noticed that it yaws (slowly turns in one direction) when hovering, and it seems to fly slightly slanted when I'm telling it to fly straight (way more noticeable in sport mode). I've re-calibrated the IMU, remote control, and the compass. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what did you do to fix it?

If your propellers are warped or otherwise imperfect that could happen. But GPS /compass should correct if working properly. I'd swap out for new props (or rotate current props if you don't have any spares).

Non-linear flight in Sport Mode as an isolated finding is usually just from a subtle crosswind.

You are correct that it should not rotate when hovering. That is more concerning (especially considering the above).

I'm curious if you found a solution to your issue. After flying mine a few times I took it out and noticed it doing the same thing. I'm going to swap out the props the next time I take it out and see if that works.

I had the same problem with mine and it turned out to be cheap props off eBay!!! Must have been out of balance or something. As soon as I put props on their from the DJI store flies fine and straight. From now on won't use any other props other than DJI ones. I know they are more expensive but the difference with my spark was unreal. Happy flying!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe