Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

droneblocks for spark

quad

Join
Sep 6, 2018
Loc
vt
i tried to use "droneblocks" with the spark just for a lark this morning after accidentally starting the program. it was running on my ipad mini 3 with the dji controller attached with the otg cable. i constructed a simple program to launch, rotate and take some photos and return to home. worked as advertised. i knew about the tello, - apparently it's worked with other (dji spark anyway) drones too. i ran the flight without logging in to droneblocks or attempting to save the programming. perhaps there are others on the forum who've played with droneblocks? one thing i need to confirm is that droneblocks appeared to be communicating with the spark through the controller, though dennis baldwin's youtube video only talked about a wifi connection. didn't try any tello flips (yet).

Enlighten us please, what is droneblock?

The Spark will shut its motors down when inverted so no flips unless this is modded software.

Regardless, there's plenty of drones available that flip and are far cheaper than the Spark.

I have tried droneblocks with my Tello, never with spark.

Is it working with spark AND controller? Difficult to believe.

not certain but i think so. i tried to redirect it as it was returning to home in the 'landing' phase and it did move in the direction i asked it to. but it is possible it changed direction trying to get to the take off spot. by then the battery was too depleted to take off again. and i had to go to work. (after i loaded droneblocks and turned on the connected remote controller that little warning had appeared on the ipad screen saying the cable was not supported)

It looks like a pretty cool way for kids to learn coding. Coding seems to be a popular thing these days. While I wouldn't use it in place of Litchi, I am interested enough in it to give it a try just for kicks.

of course droneblocks has a different set of rules for drones other than tellos. no flipping available for spark. still experimenting with the programming for the spark; so far seems very beta.

of course droneblocks has a different set of rules for drones other than tellos. no flipping available for spark. still experimenting with the programming for the spark; so far seems very beta.
No flipping? If the Spark is flipped upside down, it shuts off completely immediately as a safety measure. You didn't know this?

Last edited:
the tello's firmware is written by dji. i haven't studied the sdk for the spark thus don't know whether there is a command to disable/enable flipping.

Flipping cannot work with spark. But if it worked, I'm sure that gimbal would be dead after a few flips.

Flipping a Spark worked for this guy. :eek: :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe