Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Droneblocks does not recognize DJI Spark?

ojomhowitz

Join
Jan 4, 2021
Hello - I have no issues connecting my Spark to all components - phone, controller, WiFi ect. I can connect my Tello to Droneblocks, but I cannot connect my Spark. I'm assuming that like the Tello, I should see some type of "connected to Spark" message somewhere if I'm actually connected? I'm guessing as well that the connection process is no different or at least similar to connecting with the Tello? I've tried all the steps listed elsewhere but with no luck.

Best - Stephen

I have never heard of Droneblocks prior to this post, however after doing a bit of research to find out what it is, it seems like it only works with Tello and Tello EDU on android. From their website: The currently supported drones are Phantom 3, Phantom 4, Mavic Pro, Mavic Air, Spark, and Tello. DroneBlocks is a free download and available in the iOS App Store, Google Play Store, and Chrome App Store. At this time the Android version only supports Tello.

Do you have access to an iOS device?

Reactions: RotorWash
Hello - I have no issues connecting my Spark to all components - phone, controller, WiFi ect. I can connect my Tello to Droneblocks, but I cannot connect my Spark. I'm assuming that like the Tello, I should see some type of "connected to Spark" message somewhere if I'm actually connected? I'm guessing as well that the connection process is no different or at least similar to connecting with the Tello? I've tried all the steps listed elsewhere but with no luck.

Best - Stephen
Can't use spark with droneblocks won'work with spark

OK. Droneblocks says it will work. Do they think it will and it just won't? It is on their list of "codable" drones using Droneblocks.

Reactions: NOLADG
I have never heard of Droneblocks prior to this post, however after doing a bit of research to find out what it is, it seems like it only works with Tello and Tello EDU on android. From their website: The currently supported drones are Phantom 3, Phantom 4, Mavic Pro, Mavic Air, Spark, and Tello. DroneBlocks is a free download and available in the iOS App Store, Google Play Store, and Chrome App Store. At this time the Android version only supports Tello.

Do you have access to an iOS device?
Thanks. The list above includes the Spark for use on Droneblocks. I use an Apple iPhone and iPad Pro. I also downloaded the ios version from the appropriate app sight.

I’ve had compatibility issues previously between the Spark and iPad Mini 5. Converse with DJI indicated iPad was nocompatible. Now, I strictly use the Samsung Tab A.

Spark controller wire connected to Tab A,
Tab A to
Note 8 via hotspot WiFi.

Mavic Air wire connect to IPad Mini 5
IPad Mini 5 to Note 8 via hotspot WiFi.

Prefer iPad as killing other apps is so easy. Simply swipe up. (Compass, Sectionals, weather conditions at location, etc.)

I’ve had compatibility issues previously between the Spark and iPad Mini 5.
Interesting. I use my iPad mini 5 with my spark and my Mavic Air with no issues. But as mentioned before I have never used DroneBlocks. Only DJI Go 4 and Litchi.

Interesting. I use my iPad mini 5 with my spark and my Mavic Air with no issues. But as mentioned before I have never used DroneBlocks. Only DJI Go 4 and Litchi.
Yeah, I use all Apple products to fly the Spark with no issue. Just cannot connect to Droneblocks. Others on the board have reported success. DroneBlocks has not replied to inquiries. I like the Spark, but I purchased primarily for the Active Track and ability to code missions with the kids I have at school.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit