Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Drones For Less, New York

Scobo

Join
Sep 19, 2017
Loc
UK
Anyone bought anything from this company ?
I'm considering placing an order however they get mixed reviews on Trustpilot.
I'm in the UK so don't want to order if I'm likely to have problems with them.

Anyone bought anything from this company ?
I'm considering placing an order however they get mixed reviews on Trustpilot.
I'm in the UK so don't want to order if I'm likely to have problems with them.
Why would you order from the US and get clobbered for VAT/import duty and potentially additional fees.
If it is a vendor that advertises 'pre paid' taxes etc the savings are likely to be insignificant and if you buy from a UK dealer you are protected under UK Consumer Law if there is a problem with your Spark.
If you are buying because you think you will get an 'FCC' model - don't bother, there is no difference and a Spark purchased in the US will throttle back to CE power as soon as you use it in the UK.

According to some of the reviews, there is no import duty/fees to pay.
I already have a Spark. I'm looking at getting a Mavic.Their prices are substantially lower than anywhere in UK.
And I'm not concerned with FCC.

According to some of the reviews, there is no import duty/fees to pay.
I already have a Spark. I'm looking at getting a Mavic.Their prices are substantially lower than anywhere in UK.
And I'm not concerned with FCC.
The only way there are 'no import fees to pay' on a $500+ item sent to the UK is if the company is operating illegally.
HMRC have non negotiable import rules and you run the risk of the package being seized with no compensation.
Additionally, don't forget, DJI's quality control is not exactly great so if you get a bad aircraft you have no dealer to fall back on and say 'send me another one'
Your money though - your choice.

I did consider the pitfalls of running into a problem with the drone.
To be honest, at that sort of money, I most likely won't order from them but just wondered if anyone here had any experience with them.

A friend of mine used them two weeks ago. Superb service and no extra taxes. Delivery to UK about a week the slowest part being within the UK it's self.

For your information. I bought my spark from them about a month ago along with 3 extra batteries. All arrived 2 days later with no problems and no import duties.
I only purchased from them as I was lead to believe there were a UK company.
I think the only way that they got my order to me so fast is they might have a warehouse in the UK but the company is based in the USA.

For your information. I bought my spark from them about a month ago along with 3 extra batteries. All arrived 2 days later with no problems and no import duties.
I only purchased from them as I was lead to believe there were a UK company.
I think the only way that they got my order to me so fast is they might have a warehouse in the UK but the company is based in the USA.

Cheers Darren.
That does sound like it was sent from the UK.
Very much doubt it would get to you from the US in 2 days.

Cheers Darren.
That does sound like it was sent from the UK.
Very much doubt it would get to you from the US in 2 days.
No worries mate. I only found out about them being an American company after I received my goods.
Never had a problem with them from start to finish. As others have spoke about import tax, I would of thought if there was any to pay then it would of already been paid by the company. I have imported power tools from the USA before and had to pay import tax but I don't think its applicable to every item.
It the time of purchasing my spark combo and extras, I looked around to find the best deal and this company had the best deal by far.

I suspect there could be warranty issues if you ever had to do a warranty repair.

DJI only warranties in the country of purchase so you would need to send the AC back to the USA

The only way there are 'no import fees to pay' on a $500+ item sent to the UK is if the company is operating illegally.
HMRC have non negotiable import rules and you run the risk of the package being seized with no compensation.
Additionally, don't forget, DJI's quality control is not exactly great so if you get a bad aircraft you have no dealer to fall back on and say 'send me another one'
Your money though - your choice.
The company doesn't offer pre paid tax of any kind and for all intensive purposes leads you to believe it is based in the UK. They only take credit card payments so if you have a problem with item not being delivered etc you can take it up with your credit card company as they have a duty to sort things out. I have had a similar incident to which the credit card company got involved and I got a full refund when a company was found to be fraudulent.

're the warranty issues above this is incorrect my friend got his mavic from the company as I mentioned earlier. In the first week he discovered it had the fairly common jello issue. He was able to generate a warranty repair with DJI who arranged it's free collection from the UK to Holland with no issues.

're the warranty issues above this is incorrect my friend got his mavic from the company as I mentioned earlier. In the first week he discovered it had the fairly common jello issue. He was able to generate a warranty repair with DJI who arranged it's free collection from the UK to Holland with no issues.

I stand to be corrected, maybe DJI has changed the warranty conditions, if you look at the warranty conditions below it implies something different

warranty.png

In the very first instant if I had a warranty issue I would contact the company from which I bought it from. If I had no luck in getting them to sort it out I would get my credit card company involved. As I purchased items via them they have a legal duty to get invloved. This has happened to me in the past and the credit card company sorted it out for me.

In the very first instant if I had a warranty issue I would contact the company from which I bought it from. If I had no luck in getting them to sort it out I would get my credit card company involved. As I purchased items via them they have a legal duty to get invloved. This has happened to me in the past and the credit card company sorted it out for me.
Yes but......not if the company uses a third party company to facilitate the credit card payments.
This 'trick' removes the credit card company from any liability since they are no longer party to the contract as they would be if the transaction was direct.
Caveat Emptor......

I can only state what has happened in my friends case. I think it may have some weight that technically the purchase was made from the UK on my friends computer. So the region which he made the purchase was UK. As I said there were no issues I've never used the company myself.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GregorioDy