Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Drones vs. Paramotors

graywoulf

Endeavor to Persevere
Premium Pilot
Join
Mar 30, 2018
Loc
NC
Hey all, get this...
I enjoy watching the adventures of a particular paramotor pilot on YT and I asked the question today on his channel about whether or not the paramotors are required by FAA regulation to have transponders attached to their aircraft and here is a response I got from someone...

"Not in the US. They fall under FAR part 103 and are ultralights according to the FAA"

I can't see that the proposed and or pending UAS Remote Identification regulation on drones is in any way fair if any aircraft labeled as "Ultralight" is exempt from having Remote Identification devices attached from those aircraft. And as I also build and fly "Foamie" airplanes that would be under the Remote Identification ruling, this kind of ticks me off. I may be barking up the wrong tree on this but then... maybe not.

I have see RC paramotors. I wonder if they are exempt? ?

The only problem I see is that you need a bigger table! ? And OMG, you have an original X6 Tarantula!!

That was my first big quadcopter and I still have it. Although after a few crashes, the original frame was destroyed so I created what was called a "Frankenspider" out of it. I still have it and I still fly it! My first was the JJRC H20 hexacopter and I still have and fly it as well. I have a few of the cheaper "Tiny Whoops" also and I have a 220 mini quad frame with X6 Tarantula motors and control board. That is a hoot to see all of your collection together like that. Thanks for posting that picture and here is a picture of my Frankenspider.

FrankenSpider V2 Top.jpgFrankenspider 220.jpg

Very nice. I will always fly these in my backyard no matter what regulations come out.
Thanks and I agree with you flying in my backyard no matter what. And where I live, I don't think that anybody would care where I fly my aircraft.

Reactions: Big Mountain Joe
Have you considered intervention?
71.gif

Put me on the list too. ?

A Protest is planned for Washington on 2/29/2020 , right in front of the FAA building.
I wish I could participate but I can't afford a trip to Washington. I hope it goes well and the FAA gets the message.

Reactions: Roy Rogers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChunGreenh