Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Editing TIPs to help every newby

Roy Rogers

Join
Feb 21, 2019
Post Filming , ( Editing ) can sometimes be the most impactful thing you can do for a video or movie . Color , Lighting , Transitioning , and of course Music can make a simple video outing into a master piece or a collection of aimless clips . This DJI Forum has a lot of great pilots and of amazing videographers. I don't consider myself either but in the last year I have gotten a lot better at my favorite hobby and I would like to share some TIPS with and newbie looking to get better .

(1) First tip is , isn't a race . Fast flighting might be fun but it doesn't make for good video . Hercky Jerky Movements are not nice to watch , plus if your moving too quick your camera wont process what its seeing properly (blurry) , (glitchy) . In short , slow that Sh@# down. I film in tripod mode most of the time .

(2) and (3) Lighting and Vinaigrett ... Next is the same footage . 1st Normal lighting Normal edges . 2nd light is darkened and the edges are blacked out .

Absolutly Terrifying !
(4) Music : is without a doubt the most effective change you can make to a video ! refer to Video 2 and compare it to video 3 . Video 2 could possibly make you lose your mind with fear . While video 3 might make you lovingly think about someone close to you . Both are similar imagery but The Music and lighting set different undertones.

(5) Transitioning : Transition can be used in different ways , at the end of a scene to siginify a change is coming or to even make a deep philosophical statement in an art video .

Life is seen a particular way with a particular color but the After Life is something none of us can identify with . mean (different)

If you liked this or found it helpful , then throw a dollar in the hat by hitting like
Thanks for watching and all commits are welcomed
RR

Last edited:
Who makes the simplest editing software ? I've downloaded a few but could never figure them out. I just need something that can clip a video in different spots and make one long scene. It seems you can clip the beginning / end OR it's full on Spielberg . Anything in between ?

Reactions: Roy Rogers
Who makes the simplest editing software ? I've downloaded a few but could never figure them out. I just need something that can clip a video in different spots and make one long scene. It seems you can clip the beginning / end OR it's full on Spielberg . Anything in between ?
HD movie maker is the easiest one I've used. If your running windows you can find it in the app store . has a free version and the paid version is only like 10$ bucks .
Screenshot (1).png
just click the add trimmer and it will highlight a portion
Screenshot (2).png
use your mouse pointer to slide left or right and when you have to part / parts you want trimmed , click the trim video on the bottom right
Hope this helps

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
Back in the day before digital photography, I really got into darkroom work. You had considerable control over the film developing process depending on what chemicals you used. The truly interesting part, though, was the printing. This is where you had ultimate control over the end product. In many ways, I see editing as the same thing. It's where the real creativity coalesces into something that can be remarkable...or not. Choosing the right soundtrack is just as important. I can fortify the visual or serve as background noise. You know it when you see all the ingredients result in something satisfying to yourself and others.

Back in the day before digital photography, I really got into darkroom work. You had considerable control over the film developing process depending on what chemicals you used. The truly interesting part, though, was the printing. This is where you had ultimate control over the end product. In many ways, I see editing as the same thing. It's where the real creativity coalesces into something that can be remarkable...or not. Choosing the right soundtrack is just as important. I can fortify the visual or serve as background noise. You know it when you see all the ingredients result in something satisfying to yourself and others.
That was very well thought out and very well said . Thanks for sharing that

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChunGreenh