Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Elevation of spark drone

Whitetails___Above

Join
May 24, 2019
If I fly my spark drone from spot A and flew up to 400 foot then flew over and down the road over to a valley that was almost 900 foot below were I am at. Would the spark show u at 1300 foot above ground and recognize the valley elevation or not

Thanks mark

Reactions: Spectre
Best stitching software for a beginner
And is it better to stich from videos
And should I be changing settings prior to taking the pictures or videos

Thanks
Mark

Reactions: SoccerRef12
I fly in the mountains often, I find it easier to take off from the highest point you can otherwise if you have a steep elevation you may limit your ceiling height

No the Spark only give heights compared to the original take off point. So this can become negative if you dive into the valley.
I can confirm this: I took off from the top of a ravine, where my home point was locked, down into it to shoot some video of the creek at the bottom. My altitude displayed about -38 meters while I was flying at the level of the creek. Eventually I flew straight up to record video looking down on the ravine. I eventually reached a displayed altitude of about 90 meters, when in fact I knew that my Spark was almost 130 meters above the bottom of the ravine, which exceeded the maximum AGL limit of 122 meters I have set in Go4.

I can confirm this: I took off from the top of a ravine, where my home point was locked, down into it to shoot some video of the creek at the bottom. My altitude displayed about -38 meters while I was flying at the level of the creek. Eventually I flew straight up to record video looking down on the ravine. I eventually reached a displayed altitude of about 90 meters, when in fact I knew that my Spark was almost 130 meters above the bottom of the ravine, which exceeded the maximum AGL limit of 122 meters I have set in Go4.

Well, it won't go more than 122 meters above the point where you took off.

Now, if a train heads west at 53 miles per hour and a car is going east at 97 kilometers per hour, what is the airspeed velocity of an unladed swallow?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar