Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Félix-Gabriel-Marchand Bridge

Poletramp

Join
Jun 24, 2018
Félix-Gabriel-Marchand Bridge is a covered bridge in the Township of Mansfield-et-Pontefract, Quebec, Canada, that crosses the Coulonge River near Fort-Coulonge. Constructed in 1898, this bridge is unique in Quebec because of its combination of Town and Queenpost trusses.

Opened: March 15, 1898

Wikipedia

First try at transitions . Also used Litchi. Set gimbal at -15* should have been at -20 or -25 .

Forgot to mention reconstruction is costing over 5 Million and will last 2 years .

Last edited:
Félix-Gabriel-Marchand Bridge is a covered bridge in the Township of Mansfield-et-Pontefract, Quebec, Canada, that crosses the Coulonge River near Fort-Coulonge. Constructed in 1898, this bridge is unique in Quebec because of its combination of Town and Queenpost trusses.

Opened: March 15, 1898

Wikipedia

First try at transitions . Also used Litchi. Set gimbal at -15* should have been at -20 or -25 .

Forgot to mention reconstruction is costing over 5 Million and will last 2 years .

I am finding -13° is perfect when you use the rule of thirds vert. and horz.
Some sky but not too much, subject centered.

FYI for all, degrees symbol is ALT+248

But are the ° not dependant of the altitude. I had my Spark 30m up on the front side and 45m on the ends also 45m on the back side. I should have positioned my Sprk out more all around. I was fighting Litchi all the way to try and keep camera down.

Thanks for the info on the ° symbol. :)

But are the ° not dependant of the altitude. I had my Spark 30m up on the front side and 45m on the ends also 45m on the back side. I should have positioned my Sprk out more all around. I was fighting Litchi all the way to try and keep camera down.

Thanks for the info on the ° symbol. :)

Yes but only if using POI or things like that.
A fixed angle of -13° witll stay at that and seems to be the best.

Thanks heres a side view. Im just getting familiar with Litchi , so much to learn. Fall colors are starting to kick in.

Attachments

• DJI_0597.jpg
    DJI_0597.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 16
Wow. That's a large covered bridge.

We still have a handful of these bridges in my State. Seems like covered bridges are a favorite of pyromaniacs.

There is one near me that has been spruced up and fire sprinklers installed just in case.

I thought about flying through it but the bridge is on park property that doesn't allow drones to be flown. I assume launch / land from the property but can they regulate the air space above it or in the bridge?

I could launch the Spark away from the property and fly through it but I'm not sure if I would be in violation.

Either way, I don't think I'll try it out of respect for the bridge (and the rules). It's been there almost 150 years.

Reactions: Poletramp
This Bridge is 485 feet long , . Hartland Bridge in New Brunswick is the longest wooden covered bridge in the World at 1,282 feet .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPena