Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

FAA testing Automated Airspace Authorization for Drone Pilots(LAANC)

This could change the game for drone Pilots if it takes off. I still wonder how they deal with night flights. Anyone have any first hand experience with this testing?

FAA Expands Drone Airspace Authorization Program
FWIW, I tried some of the links (AirMap, Skyward) and got failures on all of them.
Interesting information, though, ....thanks for posting.

UPDATE: however using the link that ZPFunk provided has "pure" links in the article... scroll down and all four links are listed and work.

From SKYWARD: "When is LAANC Going Live In My Area"

When Is LAANC Going Live in My Area?

Last edited:
Reactions: ZPFunk
In the video titled When Is LAANC Going Live in My Area, there is a user procedure to draw the area the pilot plans to fly.
While I can't say whether or not the illustrated planned flight area is LOS, it looks like the area is too large to be LOS. If Airmap, or the other organizations/apps that have been approved by the FAA to grant near real time authorization unlock the drawn planned flight area, does that act of unlocking an area too large to be LOS constitute a violation of the FAA's rules for operating drones? Are they effectively authorizing flying non LOS? Or, do they assume the pilot will change their home point to maintain LOS?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar