Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Fall Battery Spark lost!!

Mandruka

Join
May 9, 2019
Hello Spark pilots!!! Lost my Spark a few days ago in the Mediterranean Sea. No warranty. I’m not an expert pilot. I fly for fun. I have two extra batteries, the remote control, downloaded litchi and I have crashed several times but I love its performance. I didn’t care it did not recorded in 4K. Now that I’m on my way to the store for buying a new one, I wanted to know if any of you guys have had the same experience and the decided to upgrade for a better DJI dron. I do some travel and found The Spark really confortable. I know the batteries will not work on a different drone. Just give me some advice. FYI TJ battery just fall off!!! I saw it fall in the sea, and the Spark fall afterwards.

Since you have crashed several times and still have the extra Spark stuff, I'd purchase another Spark and become better at flying it before moving up to something bigger.

A bigger and more expensive drone will not make one a better pilot, just practice, practice, practice.

You might spend some time in the DJI simulator if you get another Spark or whatever you decide.

That's my plan if I lose my Spark and are still available. Too many accessories to give it up.

I may upgrade later but I won't get rid of my Spark because the little bugger is a blast to fly. :)

Since you have crashed several times and still have the extra Spark stuff, I'd purchase another Spark and become better at flying it before moving up to something bigger.

A bigger and more expensive drone will not make one a better pilot, just practice, practice, practice.

You might spend some time in the DJI simulator if you get another Spark or whatever you decide.

That's my plan if I lose my Spark and are still available. Too many accessories to give it up.

I may upgrade later but I won't get rid of my Spark because the little bugger is a blast to fly. :)

You are right!!! I had my doubts but I found the Spark perfect for my needs. Thanks a lot for your advice. I will buy another Spark, practice and crash the new one. It’s true that I have stuff so let’s not throw away more money. Thanks!!

Well you have a great attitude. . .and learn from mistakes and mishaps. . it sounds like the crash into the Mediterranean was because the Battery fell off.. .so, by all means, do whatever is necessary so that does not happen again. ..get a battery clip, rubber band, glue. . .(kidding) whatever it takes to make sure that the battery NEVER comes off again during flight! I've yet to have my battery fall out but see from this forum that it happens quite a bit! Good luck.

Reactions: Mandruka
You are right!!! I had my doubts but I found the Spark perfect for my needs. Thanks a lot for your advice. I will buy another Spark, practice and crash the new one. It’s true that I have stuff so let’s not throw away more money. Thanks!!
Hu I have the spark and mavic platinum drones. I use 1080 format and with 4 batteries for each drone I can fly for a long time.

I have never flown over water still wary even after 8 months. Both are insured as said keep flying don't give up. Buy another spark they are great drones. Good luck

Reactions: Mandruka
Hello Spark pilots!!! Lost my Spark a few days ago in the Mediterranean Sea. No warranty. I’m not an expert pilot. I fly for fun. I have two extra batteries, the remote control, downloaded litchi and I have crashed several times but I love its performance. I didn’t care it did not recorded in 4K. Now that I’m on my way to the store for buying a new one, I wanted to know if any of you guys have had the same experience and the decided to upgrade for a better DJI dron. I do some travel and found The Spark really confortable. I know the batteries will not work on a different drone. Just give me some advice. FYI TJ battery just fall off!!! I saw it fall in the sea, and the Spark fall afterwards.
A falling Spark for a fallen battery. That is super sad! Folks, please help me and help others: I saw a video where a guy shows the proper way to engage and disengage a battery. It made sense. I have used it from Spark day 1 and my battery slides and clicks in perfectly. Or so I think, or believe? Do I falsely feel that my batteries are locked in when I use them?

A falling Spark for a fallen battery. That is super sad! Folks, please help me and help others: I saw a video where a guy shows the proper way to engage and disengage a battery. It made sense. I have used it from Spark day 1 and my battery slides and clicks in perfectly. Or so I think, or believe? Do I falsely feel that my batteries are locked in when I use them?
No, if it clicks, it locks. That's what the experts will tell you here. You may also give it a tug and pull to check if it is securely locked. Having said that, we keep finding cases of Spark batteries still dropping out and that's the reason I use a battery clip as shown in post #5 above. Some innovative people also use an o-ring to secure the battery. It seemed like a hassle initially but now after getting used to it, I never fly without the clip on. Better safe than worry or end up being sorry.

Reactions: GeoM1
get the extra warranty. as far as battery clips, unlike other battery clips, you cant use landing gear or prop guards. with these clips, your still able to use landing gear/prop guards I received 4 of them for $9.50 I don't need to use them with the upgraded batteries but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Last edited:
Hi you can get a good battery guard from eBay it just locks into the spark body

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fulavio