Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Fastest way to descend manually

JJ_Rao

Join
Nov 27, 2017
Hey all, just wondering if anyone knows of a way to make the spark rapidly descend (without crashing haha).

The straight vertical descent speed is very slow, presumably to avoid inducing a vortex ring state, but in some cases it's necessary to get out of the air quickly (e.g. hazards in the air).

So far the quickest method I've found is to push both control sticks down and inwards, as you would when starting the motors. This makes the spark spiral downwards, but is still not very fast.

Flip the Sport mode switch ON if using the remote.

Flip the Sport mode switch ON if using the remote.
Yup, sport mode is nearly always on. I don't think it affects the descent rate.

The specs suggest that the descent rate in auto landing mode is 3m/s, same as the ascent rate in sport mode...doesn't seem right to me.

Anyone tried hitting the auto land while at height and then canceling once the spark is at a desirable height?

I've been tempted to try this...

Won’t work with the spark. CSC is exactly what the other guy said he’s been doing to lower his spark quickly causing a spiral. For the spark to cut its motors off with csc there has to be an error code present if I’m not mistaken. The FASTEST way Iv seen to decent is a reverse double helix and in sport mode. 8-10mph decent every time.

Won’t work with the spark. CSC is exactly what the other guy said he’s been doing to lower his spark quickly causing a spiral. For the spark to cut its motors off with csc there has to be an error code present if I’m not mistaken. The FASTEST way Iv seen to decent is a reverse double helix and in sport mode. 8-10mph decent every time.
I'll try that...

"reverse double helix" isn't that an Olympics Gymnastic thing?

Seriously though can someone give me a short description of this?

Thanks

Haha, I don’t know I just learned it from a YouTube guy. Instructions are:

Left hand goes down and to the left
Right hand goes up and to the left.
It will look goofy but seriously in sport mode you’ll be close to sustaining 9mph down

That is all the way down and to each corner. Not just partially down/up to the corners. Lock it in each corner if that makes sense.

...a few renditions above, a little confused now (I'll try all of them : -).

That is clear, thanks.
What doesn't help me is that there are few other options listed and that I use my remote controller in Mode 1 :)

Now I see how it can be confusing lol. I’m in stick 2 so you should be able to figure it out from there. Also I just learned if you use RTH it comes back super quick as WELL as down. I used to fly my Mavic back all the time but will be using RTH more often with the spark

Reactions: Rafa7

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme