Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Feel Good Story - Using Drone Technology to Fight Malaria in Africa

Florida Drone Supply

Join
Jul 3, 2017
We love seeing stories like this in the news. Any other #DronesForGood stories you've caught recently?

Reactions: I B Spectre
Drones, like any tool, can be used to the benefit or detriment of humanity. We're still in its infancy stage and the good that can be accomplished is only now being touched upon. I've become extremely aware by how commonplace video/film footage is part of daily viewing that is directly attributable to drones. Rather than hugely expensive helicopters with stabilized cameras, far more economical drones provide access to users never before possible. The best is yet to come IF those that would use it to threaten and harm don't deprive us of the greater good.

I've become extremely aware by how commonplace video/film footage is part of daily viewing that is directly attributable to drones. Rather than hugely expensive helicopters with stabilized cameras, far more economical drones provide access to users never before possible. The best is yet to come IF those that would use it to threaten and harm don't deprive us of the greater good.
Very good point! As you said, drone technology is beginning to become more commonplace and more recognized, what used to take ridiculous amounts of equipment and man hours is becoming much simpler and more efficient.

Reactions: RotorWash
And think of all the money being saved!!

...that can be passed on to a qualified, credentialed drone pilot that can do the job at less cost with added safety when not involving a human pilot when flying a plane or helicopter.

I'm not dissin' on the human pilots BTW, thank you for your service to the sky! :)

Lower costs mean more resources that can take advantage of the aerial photography that drones can provide. Helo flight time is much higher than fixed wing in general, particularly when you factor-in maintenance costs. By comparison, a drone, even a professional top drawer drone with pro commercial camera gear, is far less expensive. There's a place for manned and unmanned aviation. Rather than thinking of it as depriving the manned segment of employment, I see it as providing opportunities for aerial videography that would've been cost prohibitive previously.

hehe

I think Miket is the only one that recognized I was using sarcasm there
71.gif

hehe

I think Miket is the only one that recognized I was using sarcasm there
71.gif

Oh, no sir! We speak sarcasm fluently here. Just wanted to keep the conversation rolling.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme