Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Field Mission - 360 Pano

RotorWash

Premium Pilot
Join
Jul 18, 2019
Loc
P.E.I., Canada
Not the prettiest thing to look at, made more for practical purposes but here's a 360 pano of the field I've been running Litchi missions on. Figure I'll send it along to the farmer so he can get a bird's eye view of the project.

It's best viewed in full screen and you can move your view around by clicking and holding your left mouse button and then dragging.

See it here on Skypixel: Clearcut 360

Great pano and beautiful scenery! ? Where is this?

Reactions: RotorWash
Mr Rotor W.
im Curious if you could share a good place for me to start with 360 pano processing .

I know Litchi has the Pano mode...
but in the past I’ve not found a venue to process the images I’ve obtained .
?

I've processed 360° panos in the modded DJI GO 4 app that takes the pictures. I don't use litchi, but I assume you could process the photo in the litchi app.dji1566262216345-PANO.jpg

I may be making this more difficult than I should but I have used the pano shot mode in litchi and taken 9 to 30 something images with it. I get individual images but they aren’t stitched together. i haven’t gotten to the modded GO 4 app yet.

When all else fails....read the manual ?

Litchi for IOS has a Save to database option that process the panoramas and tiny planets in app.

I found it in my iPad lichi version.

It was not in my Android Litchi.

Attachments

• AFA2AA4B-BEBA-4AF6-9E53-CEFA11C55AF7.jpeg
    AFA2AA4B-BEBA-4AF6-9E53-CEFA11C55AF7.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
Mr Rotor W.
:cool:
im Curious if you could share a good place for me to start with 360 pano processing.
I used the following thread over on PhantomPilots to get me started. Only difference was I started with a 0° gimbal angle as the sky was not important to me for this image. I use a droid so I stitched my pano (26 shots incl. 2 nadirs) with MS's ICE program (spherical projection). Next time I'll try GO4's 360 pano and see how that goes. :) Good luck!

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
Mr Rotor W.
im Curious if you could share a good place for me to start with 360 pano processing .

I know Litchi has the Pano mode...
but in the past I’ve not found a venue to process the images I’ve obtained .
?

360 panorama is in the stock DJI GO4 app for Spark, no 3rd party app or special processing needed. Here's a tutorial how to do it, and share it online.

Nice job RotorWash. Really enjoyed the look a "round". All the different shades of green could only be painted by Mother Nature. Have I ever mentioned that you live, most of the time, in a beautiful part of the world. Thank you (and the farmer) for taking the time in letting us share your view. ?

360 panorama is in the stock DJI GO4 app for Spark, no 3rd party app or special processing needed. Here's a tutorial how to do it, and share it online.

Good tutorial. It's nice to get a result all within the GO app and useful but I've found to get higher resolution you still need to stitch the 4k pics with a 3rd party app. In regards to Litchi, it has an auto pano mode but it seems the main advantage it has is the custom pano setting that the DJI app doesn't. That may or may not be a big deal depending on what you want or need the end result for.

Nice job RotorWash. Really enjoyed the look a "round". All the different shades of green could only be painted by Mother Nature. Have I ever mentioned that you live, most of the time, in a beautiful part of the world. Thank you (and the farmer) for taking the time in letting us share your view. ?
Thanks DJ! lol, most of the time in summer but just some of the time in winter! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme