Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

File Numbering

AlienDrone

Join
Nov 16, 2019
Greetings fellow pilots! I searched this topic and found no recent discussion. Has there been any solution to the Spark restarting file numbering with file # 0001 each time the card is formatted?

Greetings fellow pilots! I searched this topic and found no recent discussion. Has there been any solution to the Spark restarting file numbering with file # 0001 each time the card is formatted?
I thought there was a setting in the app for that

I thought there was a setting in the app for that
Thank you for your reply! I thought so too but have been unable to find it. According to my experience and threads in this forum the spark will begin renumbering starting with 001 each time the card is formatted or the file number reaches 999. If anyone knows a work around i would like to hear it.

You might try not reformatting the card each time. Just delete the old files and see if that works. I have not ever reformatted my card and I don't have that problem. Or at least I don't think I do. I need to check that out.

You might try not reformatting the card each time. Just delete the old files and see if that works. I have not ever reformatted my card and I don't have that problem. Or at least I don't think I do. I need to check that out.
That is an interesting suggestion! will give it a try.

Reactions: graywoulf
That is an interesting suggestion! will give it a try.

I couldn't remember the last time I formatted my card so on a whim I checked my PC Folders and it looks like it may have been February 2018 with the pictures starting with DJI 001.

I'm up to DJI 3000 according to the stamps.

I transfer my footage from the card to the folders.

I haven't had a problem with the card and I have a "lost and found" text file on the card just in case the external stickers wear off.

If I format the card on the PC, I can replace the file.

If I format the card in the Spark, I'll lose that file.

Place a photo on your SD card.
Name it DJI_0567.JPG.. Any renamed JPG file..
Your next photo will be named DJI_0568.JPG
Another very interesting reply! I will try this. Thanks!
I couldn't remember the last time I formatted my card so on a whim I checked my PC Folders and it looks like it may have been February 2018 with the pictures starting with DJI 001.

I'm up to DJI 3000 according to the stamps.

I transfer my footage from the card to the folders.

I haven't had a problem with the card and I have a "lost and found" text file on the card just in case the external stickers wear off.

If I format the card on the PC, I can replace the file.

If I format the card in the Spark, I'll lose that file.
Thanks for the reply! Wow.....that's great! Really like the lost and found idea! When you format on the PC which format do you use? I know FAT 32 is popular, but I think it is limited to 32 GB.

There is a setting which either starts counting from zero when there is no file or continously count to 999. I always format my sd cards before a new flight and the file number continously increases till 999. Sadly enough I forgot where the setting is and could finfld it in the go4 app without connection. Maybe it's under the camera settings.

My work around for this problem is that I always leave the last photo on the SD card, manually removing the others. The numbering will then start from that point and not no 1. eg if my last photo was 15, I will remove all the photos except for 15 and the next shoot will start at 16. Works very well and avoids all the duplicate numbering which is highly frustrating.

My work around for this problem is that I always leave the last photo on the SD card, manually removing the others. The numbering will then start from that point and not no 1. eg if my last photo was 15, I will remove all the photos except for 15 and the next shoot will start at 16. Works very well and avoids all the duplicate numbering which is highly frustrating.
How do you remove the files from the card? I'm running Win 7 (building a Win 10 now) and it does not give me the option to delete the files or folders from the card. I tried dragging them to the recycle bin and that failed as well.

How do you remove the files from the card? I'm running Win 7 (building a Win 10 now) and it does not give me the option to delete the files or folders from the card. I tried dragging them to the recycle bin and that failed as well.
I was running windows 7 initially but have recently upgraded to Windows 10. Worked with both systems. You can't delete the folders, only the jpgs within them. So double click on the folder name to open it, and then delete the files within.

I was running windows 7 initially but have recently upgraded to Windows 10. Worked with both systems. You can't delete the folders, only the jpgs within them. So double click on the folder name to open it, and then delete the files within.
Yes, I tried that too but it failed.

Yes, I tried that too but it failed.
This is difficult to explain but you know how you can have things open in file explorer on the left side of the screen, and if you double click a folder it will open the contents of that folder on the right hand side (bigger window), well I just select the file in the right hand window and press the delete button.

Place a photo on your SD card.
Name it DJI_0567.JPG.. Any renamed JPG file..
Your next photo will be named DJI_0568.JPG

This is the best solution.
Or you can simply leave the last file (either photo or video) in the SD card and delete the rest to free up space.

Reactions: Spark 317
This is the best solution.
Or you can simply leave the last file (either photo or video) in the SD card and delete the rest to free up space.
I found the reason I could not delete the files from my SD card on my PC. The SD card adapter has a sliding switch on the side that protects the micro SD from accidental writing or deletion. I found this switch in the write protect position. I turned that off and was able to selectively delete files. Okay.....so no that problem is resolved I will place a jpg in the empty folder. Now here is another concern. I also have a Mavic 2 Zoom. Is there a way I can number the files on the Spark to show that they are Spark Files? I can see problems in the future of have files with the same number from each drone,

I found the reason I could not delete the files from my SD card on my PC. The SD card adapter has a sliding switch on the side that protects the micro SD from accidental writing or deletion. I found this switch in the write protect position. I turned that off and was able to selectively delete files. Okay.....so no that problem is resolved I will place a jpg in the empty folder. Now here is another concern. I also have a Mavic 2 Zoom. Is there a way I can number the files on the Spark to show that they are Spark Files? I can see problems in the future of have files with the same number from each drone,

You could download the files from each aircraft to a separate folder.

Reactions: PhantomFandom
In the Go4 app under photo/video settings you can find File Index Mode, if you put this to continuous, the file numbering will increase from 0-999 even if you format the SD card.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme