Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

filmora or final cut pro x

yycwrangler

Join
Feb 15, 2018
Have access to both..Using a MacBook Pro...which one is the easier one to use for a beginner. or is it better to go with the more difficult a learning curve and learn the harder which would be better for the long run due to additional capabilities

Cheers
Al

Are use both
The easiest to use is the iMovie on your MacBook Pro. That’s where to start. There are many many options and features available as well as video tutorials on YouTube.
I love final cut pro but it’s like trying to learn to fly a 747.
Go with iMovie.

I've also heard that iMovie causes the movie to stutter when being played..I believe there is a work around but of the other programs don't have that problem then I'm leaning to them

I have never experienced any kind of shutter or glitch with iMovie. But everyone's experience may be different. I would give iMovie a try, it's free on your Mac, and much simpler for a beginner to use. If you don't like it, you can always move to Final Cut Pro.

I ve been using iMovie on iPad for years and really like it. Never had any playback issues. I like how you can take a long clip, and split it to cut sections you dont need

FilmoraGo is pretty clumsy.

The one thing iMovie is missing is the ability to speed up a clip. You can slow it down but no speed up.

If only there was a Window version!

Halo, ik ben begonnen met MOVAVI Video-editor. Is redelijk eenvoudig en kan automatisch presentaties maken, zonder tussenkomst. Mooi voor een beginner!!

Have access to both..Using a MacBook Pro...which one is the easier one to use for a beginner. or is it better to go with the more difficult a learning curve and learn the harder which would be better for the long run due to additional capabilities

Cheers
Al

As someone else said, iMovie is a good start. I've been using Final Cut Pro under their 30 day free trial .... and yes, there is a steep learning curve, but the more I learn the more I like it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I have heard that the frames per second are different and as such cause the video, upon completion, to be somewhat jerky. I would love to use Imove but have held off because of this

Al

Correct me if I'm wrong but I have heard that the frames per second are different and as such cause the video, upon completion, to be somewhat jerky. I would love to use Imove but have held off because of this

Al
]

My understanding of iMovie is that it will set FPS to the first clip you import. Thus, the first clip should be whatever FPS you want to the entire movie to be.

so does that mean, if I take 5 clips and all look good when I preview them. After I import the first clip and edit, it should still remain smooth. Only reason I ask is that I did a couple of months ago try to edit. Took the data directly from the spark and it turned out jerky when editing finished.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme