Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Finally bit on the Spark

Tim32581

Join
Jul 19, 2017
After weeks of mulling it over, Ive finally pulled the trigger. Should have my Spark tonight. Ive been flying drones for 3 years. Started with the 350qx3, then got a Q5004k, jumped over to the X-Star Premium, and Im currently flying a Mavic. So Im not a rookie, but... any tips for this little guy?

Reactions: weiss.hank
Welcome aboard Tim ! you're not a rookie so wouldn't worry too much. You're applying pretty much the same skills over to the Spark. I'd say the 'speed mode' as with the Mavic, is something to be careful and aware of as this thing tears into the wind and need some distance to brake. Have tons of fun out there !

1 tip is to ensure that you have a reliable WIFI connection prior to taking it out far.

I find the RC disconnects often so dont fly under anything because disconnect causes return to home which will cause the spark to crash as it rises to RTH hone. It gets hot fast so dont go from battery to battery to quickly. On the plus side irs so small and cute it doesnt bother anyone.

Same here, Ordered it last weekend and just waiting for it to ship. Was hoping to have it for the weekend, but at this point. Looks like next weekend.

I was set against getting the Spark. What for I said because I have the Mavic. I instead wanted to look into getting the DJI Goggles to use with my Mavic. Went to the DJI store in San Francisco to check out the googles. So I had the Spark delivered today and can't wait to get it in the air.....;)

Reactions: weiss.hank
When using Gesture Mode, watch the lights closely as they'll tell you if its locked on you, seeing you, or ready for commands. Also move slowly in Gesture Mode...

Get familiar with the remote if you are using one, the buttons aren't quite the same as the Mavic's controller... But overall not a whole lot of difference. I was flying my Spark pretty quickly after watching videos, reading the manuals...

After weeks of mulling it over, Ive finally pulled the trigger. Should have my Spark tonight. Ive been flying drones for 3 years. Started with the 350qx3, then got a Q5004k, jumped over to the X-Star Premium, and Im currently flying a Mavic. So Im not a rookie, but... any tips for this little guy?

8346D5E31F323523D32D138956998E7C.jpg 08E702AF583A9AE0B807464E75299856.jpg 8346D5E31F323523D32D138956998E7C.jpg Took mine out this evening for the 'first flight'. Well, first proper flight - I stupidly tried to use 'gesture mode' earlier whilst it was windy and NEARLY had a disaster, as it flew into my garden wall - luckily, no damage. Took it out with the remote and, boy, does it shift - probably not as fast as my Mavic but it must be the size, it looks like it's on steroids! Got some nice pictures earlier too - surprisingly good camera.

View attachment 545 View attachment 546 View attachment 545 Took mine out this evening for the 'first flight'. Well, first proper flight - I stupidly tried to use 'gesture mode' earlier whilst it was windy and NEARLY had a disaster, as it flew into my garden wall - luckily, no damage. Took it out with the remote and, boy, does it shift - probably not as fast as my Mavic but it must be the size, it looks like it's on steroids! Got some nice pictures earlier too - surprisingly good camera.
I think most people wont be able to tell the difference with the camera. For newbies, as long as the pic/video is clear on facebook/instagram.....their good.

I think most people wont be able to tell the difference with the camera. For newbies, as long as the pic/video is clear on facebook/instagram.....their good.

Look close at 1080p then at 4K and then say you can't see a difference. "Most people" can see but those who are on those service won't care.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar