Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Firmware update

VIRACO

Join
Jul 25, 2017
After the new update, drone disconnects very often and losses gps connection. The gestures don't seem to work either.... anybody else experiencing any thing similar?

Updated, everything seems to be working fine. Gesture is still not as stable as I think it should be and I never got it to gesture to start and stop video. I found to get gesture to work, I needed to be very slow and patient. Any other words of wisdom on Gesture is welcome

Reactions: mcquoidd and VIRACO
Here too, good for flight but still not confident with gesture. Too unreliable. Need to know perfectly all the status leds states.

Reactions: mcquoidd and VIRACO
Anyone ever get the video start and stop gesture to work. Looked a bit weird raising my hand and nothing happening for 5 minutes. The Beckon gesture seemed to work a bit more reliable. I am beginning to think that wearing contrasting colors to the background provides a bit more reliability too.

I agree with you regarding contrast to background. Even shadow under a hat seems to bring problems as it stays looked to a small tree I pass in front. Also selfie gesture was dependant if my fingers were in shadow or not (sun was almost on top). Really complicated to think continuously what the Spark see and guess how it interpret it.

Agreed, I am sure DJI will make improvements in future firmware releases, once they truly get some time on the device.

Anyone ever get the video start and stop gesture to work. Looked a bit weird raising my hand and nothing happening for 5 minutes. The Beckon gesture seemed to work a bit more reliable. I am beginning to think that wearing contrasting colors to the background provides a bit more reliability too.
I didn't even see a hand gesture in the (how to) in the dji app...

Only got my Spark a couple of days ago and updated everything. Can launch and return to my hand but can not get the other hand gestures to work. Thought it might be me. Will keep trying.

Well that's confirmed, I went back to 300 and dronie worked just fine, the new 500 nothing same thing no attitude..

I am suffering same problems atm. I am looking for someone in the s.e area of Victoria Australia to do an rc test

Reactions: Flashoser
Takes practice.

lol I have enough practice, everything works don't say much, to many report that the dronnie shot don't work, means helix and circle might not either

Just don't want the chance, on that my mavic is flawless and I have the goggles also flawless

I forgot to add on 500 the video on gesture does not work either, and gestures work but much closer to get it to take

Main issue with gesture are shadows and background behind your gesture.
You have always to think what is seeing the Spark on its video and how good is the contrast of your hand/arm to background.
Now that the video gesture exists (need to be used before saying byebye to Spark) it is is interesting to use it and see what the Spark see from your gesture and learn from that.

Regarding dronnie / helix and such flight mode, was ok with IOS device. Attempt with previous version of android was a joke. Need to retry now with android. At least with latest version, I didn't has the disconnection during flight with RC.

Reactions: RadioMike

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast