Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Firmware v1.00.0500.

I didn't find that to be the case. I have 3 battery packs, updated using one, charged the others up and flew all three packs. Never got any warnings or saw anything on the "Status" screen telling me to update the batteries. I've actually not seen that since my Phantom 3. Don't get it on my Inspire, Mavic Pro, or Phantom 4...

One note you do have to do the update for each of your batteries. No kidding. Must be some changes to the intelligent batteries as well.

I didn't find that to be the case. I have 3 battery packs, updated using one, charged the others up and flew all three packs. Never got any warnings or saw anything on the "Status" screen telling me to update the batteries. I've actually not seen that since my Phantom 3. Don't get it on my Inspire, Mavic Pro, or Phantom 4...
That is strange because I had to update all 5 of my batteries.

BTW the DJI Assistant is the way to go. Overall download and update didn't seem to take more than 5 minutes. One thing I do though is to reboot my computer. I've had problems in the past if I try an update and my computer has been up awhile...

I might be one of the few people flying without an RC (it's on the way from Advexure now). Tonight I updated my firmware and did not notice any issues afterward, but hadn't had any problems before the update either. I used DJI Go 4 to do my updating because I don't have assistant.

Now that I think about it, I need to see if Go 4 needs updated too. I'm using my company iphone which I hate with a passion. Just thought I'd throw that in...haha.

Reactions: His415
When you tap DRONIE a slider will pop up at the bottom of the screen. IOS

updated mine and all looks good, going to test it out here soon. Had to use the DJI Assistant as it kept failing the update using the mobile device iPhone 6

Out of town for the last week - And I come home to new FW / SW. This mornings setup to do the Spark Kit:

Spark FW Update 07 29 2017.JPG

Updates for iPad, Spark, Controller and all 5 batteries went through quickly and flawlessly - Hoping all the DJI updates will be this problem free! All done using the RC and iPad - No burps!

Reactions: Hotwire and chnuffi
Bricked my battery, updating trough the controller using otg cable.
The other two were updated using DJI Assitant without problems. Really annoyed at DJI now...

Bricked my battery, updating trough the controller using otg cable.
The other two were updated using DJI Assitant without problems. Really annoyed at DJI now...
Why did you use the OTG cable for updating? In all fairness, you can't really blame DJI - they have been pretty clear that they do not recommend the use of OTG and that it will void warrenty...

Sorry to be the one pointing this out:-/

Why did you use the OTG cable for updating? In all fairness, you can't really blame DJI - they have been pretty clear that they do not recommend the use of OTG and that it will void warrenty...

Sorry to be the one pointing this out:-/

Had no idea. I even described the process to them via chat, and they did not say a thing about using the OTG cable to update. It seemed to me that since the cable provides a faster and more reliable connection, it would be the better alternative.

Besides I believe that it would not be hard at all to put at least a warning about updating via OTG cable when you start the update...

But thanks for the tip anyways. From now on I will only update using DJI Assistant.

Out of town for the last week - And I come home to new FW / SW. This mornings setup to do the Spark Kit:

View attachment 681

Updates for iPad, Spark, Controller and all 5 batteries went through quickly and flawlessly - Hoping all the DJI updates will be this problem free! All done using the RC and iPad - No burps!

Hi Nikon1
Can you reveal where you got the case, please?

I had some trouble with Android when connecting. Security improvement to the latest Android OS 6.0.1 creates a hassle. You need to accept the no internet notice or the any app will not be notified of the connect. You only have a second to accept the notice and you can then select to make it permanent.

This may be old news for some but maybe it will help other people. See attached images .

Attachments

• Wifi App Security 3.png
    510.2 KB · Views: 41
  • Wifi App Security 2.png
    510.2 KB · Views: 47
  • Wifi App Security 1.png
    510.2 KB · Views: 45

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members