Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

First 360 interactive pano

Northwood Mediaworks

Former Spark & Mavic Air 2 Flyer
Premium Pilot
Join
Jan 15, 2018
Loc
Northern Ontario, Canada
Web
northwoodmediaworks.com
So I finally got around to doing one of these... now this one is from the MA2, but I want to try it with the Spark next. Perhaps someone can tell me, is Litchi capable of creating these... I would want to waypoint to the location then have the pano tanken, then waypoint back.

Anyway, hope you like. New filters today, got a lens flare I was not crazy about, but its always a learning curve.

Special shout out to RotorWash for the inspiration.

I love 360°s! I don't know about Litchi, but I know you can do it with the DJI GO 4 mod app. Not sure if there official DJI GO app still supports 360 panos, but it used to.

So impressive. Can we do one with Spark? On the MA2 am I right in thinking that only US bought craft have ADS-B fitted for aircraft warning? Don’t think we have that here in the U.K.-probably a CAA thing.

Perhaps someone can tell me, is Litchi capable of creating these... I would want to waypoint to the location then have the pano tanken, then waypoint back.
You can only take a single row 360 pano with Litchi as a waypoint action. It does not support spherical panos as a waypoint action. Litchi can create a multi-row spherical 360 pano as you have done but you have to fly the drone manually to the location take your pano then fly back.

The only software I know of that supports spherical panos as part of a waypoint action is Autopilot which is no longer being supported.

Chris

That is a great Pano Robin! I hope that this can be done with a Spark too.

So I finally got around to doing one of these... now this one is from the MA2, but I want to try it with the Spark next. Perhaps someone can tell me, is Litchi capable of creating these... I would want to waypoint to the location then have the pano tanken, then waypoint back.

Anyway, hope you like. New filters today, got a lens flare I was not crazy about, but its always a learning curve.

Special shout out to RotorWash for the inspiration.
? I really love it Robin, it turned out fantastic! Just imagine what you'll get this fall! For now I hope you'll take and share more of all your favorite spots! I find these spherical 360s some of the most immersive photos I've ever seen and I haven't even tried the VR setup yet, just fullscreen on my 29" (21:9) looks awesome! I took another one yesterday but haven't gotten to it yet.

You can only take a single row 360 pano with Litchi as a waypoint action. It does not support spherical panos as a waypoint action. Litchi can create a multi-row spherical 360 pano as you have done but you have to fly the drone manually to the location take your pano then fly back.

The only software I know of that supports spherical panos as part of a waypoint action is Autopilot which is no longer being supported.

Chris
Would be nice if Litchi would allow this with WPs. I created a WP mission that goes out and finishes at the altitude I want, then I start the pano. After it finishes I select the come back mission or fly back manually. I'm usually at around 100m for the pano so the ascent/descent can get a bit tedious and the missions help with that. I guess one could just hit RTH when finished as well but that depends on the route you want and other factors. Of course if beyond radio signal then this method doesn't work.

I have been testing Hammer (iOS only). I’m one of their beta testers. They have most of the Litchi features and more. One of the standout features is the ability to combine multiple missions in one flight. For example you could setup a waypoint mission, then a 360 spherical pano mission, then another waypoint mission and the drone will fly each mission and then return home. Or you could just set up multiple 360 spherical pano missions and the drone will fly to each location and take the pano. Right now they are still working on some bugs for the pano missions for Spark.

Chris

Beautiful job Robin, nice. Always thought this was the blue planet but your pano makes it look like the green planet. Try it again this Winter and it will be the white planet. Thank you sir for all the time it took and for sharing it with us. It really did come out nice.

Reactions: RotorWash
I have been testing Hammer (iOS only). I’m one of their beta testers. They have most of the Litchi features and more. One of the standout features is the ability to combine multiple missions in one flight. For example you could setup a waypoint mission, then a 360 spherical pano mission, then another waypoint mission and the drone will fly each mission and then return home. Or you could just set up multiple 360 spherical pano missions and the drone will fly to each location and take the pano. Right now they are still working on some bugs for the pano missions for Spark.

Chris
That's a great list of features, not a cheap solution but sounds awesome. Thanks for this info Chris!

Chris
Thanks Chris, well, I guess I will stick to ordinary waypoint missions! Too bad.

Chris
This is quite interesting. Though the battery life issue might get tricky depending on what you are asking of it. I am so spoiled now with the MA2.

Beautiful job Robin, nice. Always thought this was the blue planet but your pano makes it look like the green planet. Try it again this Winter and it will be the white planet. Thank you sir for all the time it took and for sharing it with us. It really did come out nice.
Well, time for some confession. The MA2 does all the work for you, line up your starting point, hit the shutter, it takes its 39 pics (I think its 39) then it stitches it all for you whilst in the air, then you simply upload the resulting file to a site like Skypixel, or a site like this Kuula | 360 Virtual Tours made easy. Create. Edit. Share.

So it was pretty darn easy compared to using ICE or something as I did in the past with the Spark panos, but I never tried a 360 even then. Perhaps one of the more expeirenced chaps here can steer us all on that process.

Thanks for your kind words all the same.

That's a great list of features, not a cheap solution but sounds awesome. Thanks for this info Chris!
Yes, I’m spoiled. Since I have been beta testing it before it was released, I have not had to pay anything. They are generally targeting professionals and commercial use of drones as the market for hobbiest/consumer Level software is already saturated and well established (ie., Litchie).

Chris

Reactions: RotorWash

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex