Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

First little crash and very lucky.

zenfly

Join
Jun 23, 2019
I bumped right into the side of the condo here on sport mode and thought for sure it was going down on the concrete from the 5th floor but it bounced right off and kept flying.. I did manage to knock the right front light cover off and was unable to find it.. I notice there are 4 here on Amazon for less that $10 but it doesn't say the bulb is included and there is no bulb left in the arm. Looks like a circuit board in there. Need advice..thanks

EDIT: Dahh!... The light is part of circuit board and just need the lens / cover.

Attachments

• DSC09288.JPG
    DSC09288.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:
So since the blades were not damaged I assume you tried to stop and the Spark flared at an acute angle so only the lens hit the side of the building? Glad your damage was minor!

So since the blades were not damaged I assume you tried to stop and the Spark flared at an acute angle so only the lens hit the side of the building? Glad your damage was minor!
Thanks for the reply..Yea, it just bounced right off and hovered 8ft off the wall .. Pilot error for sure.. I notice the lenses are sold with the grey retainer rings also.. I'm just going to wait for more replies where someone might have some advice but it looks simple.

Reactions: SoccerRef12
Yea, it just bounced right off and hovered 8ft off the wall ..

I wonder if the Spark saw tweety birds and stars circling it's noggin' for a minute afterwards.?

When you fly in non-Sport mode it stops almost instantaneously. A few days ago I was flying back from across a pond about 200' in Sport mode and when I went to stop it "skidded" about 15', but stopped before hitting the carport. Pretty scary.

I wonder if the Spark saw tweety birds and stars circling it's noggin' for a minute afterwards.?
Could be.. It just locked on to the GPS and maintained it's position right on the money waiting for dummy down there to tell it what next.

Reactions: Spark 317
I bumped right into the side of the condo here on sport mode and thought for sure it was going down on the concrete from the 5th floor but it bounced right off and kept flying.. I did manage to knock the right front light cover off and was unable to find it.. I notice there are 4 here on Amazon for less that $10 but it doesn't say the bulb is included and there is no bulb left in the arm. Looks like a circuit board in there. Need advice..thanks

EDIT: Dahh!... The light is part of circuit board and just need the lens / cover.

Best option would be to replace base ring too..

Glad your Spark seems to be OK!

Reactions: zenfly

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef