Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

First Spark flight in 3 months.

twickers14

Join
Sep 6, 2018
Loc
SW U.K.
Hi everyone. The New Year brings new opportunities as well as getting together with old friends. I am getting together with my friends on the Forum and sharing a lone pic of Bristol from my wonderful Spark. She performed beautifully apart from a couple of warning blips that told me nothing about what was wrong so I carried on and no further problems. Glad I got her up as it is a revolting day weather wise today. F03833D0-6672-4C7C-A196-E60781647BCD.jpeg

Well, looks more spring like than here... nice shot. I'd forgotten what green grass looks like!
Thanks Robin. With so few places to fly I am at risk of boring you all with shots of the City.…perhaps that’s what our City Farthers desired-lots of shots of the City! Will try to make them interesting though as it is a beautiful place to live.

Twickers- cool pic. The first thing I thought of when I saw your pic....that would be a VERY nice scene for a panorama shot? I used to do a lot of 180 degrees panorama - Spark does so well with that.

Twickers- cool pic. The first thing I thought of when I saw your pic....that would be a VERY nice scene for a panorama shot? I used to do a lot of 180 degrees panorama - Spark does so well with that.
Will give it a go when the weather permits-thanks for suggestion and comments.

Hi everyone. The New Year brings new opportunities as well as getting together with old friends. I am getting together with my friends on the Forum and sharing a lone pic of Bristol from my wonderful Spark. She performed beautifully apart from a couple of warning blips that told me nothing about what was wrong so I carried on and no further problems. Glad I got her up as it is a revolting day weather wise today. View attachment 14022
Beautiful shot! Are you using an iPhone or iPad?

Wow! That is awesome, Hamlet! You did that with your Spark? Very, very impressive. What a beautiful place. You and twickers14 both live there? I've never been to the U.K.

The sharpness/detail is great. The colors really pop. Looks like it was done with a far greater camera than the 1080p Spark camera.

Thank you. Yes the pano was taken with my Spark using my iPhone XS. The pano comprised 46 images each 3968x2976 pixels, stitched together on my Windows PC using Microsoft ICE. The resulting pano is 19968 pixels wide.

The challenge then is to find a hosting site which can display the pano interactively at the full resolution. I have tried many of the free websites but most of them don't allow you to upload at the full resolution, or they display at a lower resolution (eg the Kuula free version only uploads upto 16k pixels wide and displays at 8k). I have been using Klapty for 12 months but they no longer have a free version.

I have recently been using Panoee which is free and brilliant - with the best features of them all (virtual tours, customisable hotspots, map showing camera location and direction,.....) I have had an Air 2S for 6 months which gives even better results (panos are 23,552 wide and sharper) and is far more stable than the Spark. I still use the Spark with my A2CofC (UK qualification) for flying in built-up areas and fly the Air 2S under Article 16.

I've taken hundreds of panos and have requests from several local nature conservation and history groups for more. I am just waiting for some decent weather!

Thank you. Yes the pano was taken with my Spark using my iPhone XS. The pano comprised 46 images each 3968x2976 pixels, stitched together on my Windows PC using Microsoft ICE. The resulting pano is 19968 pixels wide.

The challenge then is to find a hosting site which can display the pano interactively at the full resolution. I have tried many of the free websites but most of them don't allow you to upload at the full resolution, or they display at a lower resolution (eg the Kuula free version only uploads upto 16k pixels wide and displays at 8k). I have been using Klapty for 12 months but they no longer have a free version.

I have recently been using Panoee which is free and brilliant - with the best features of them all (virtual tours, customisable hotspots, map showing camera location and direction,.....) I have had an Air 2S for 6 months which gives even better results (panos are 23,552 wide and sharper) and is far more stable than the Spark. I still use the Spark with my A2CofC (UK qualification) for flying in built-up areas and fly the Air 2S under Article 16.

I've taken hundreds of panos and have requests from several local nature conservation and history groups for more. I am just waiting for some decent weather!
Thanks for your reply, which is very interesting!

Nice one Twickers. Woud like to see the result of the pano

> The challenge then is to find a hosting site which can display the pano interactively at the full resolution.

I have always used skypixel. Any reason that isn't your choice for uploading the pano? When I upload my panos... they seem to be a full 1080p resolution (but maybe not).
Here's an example:

Reactions: RotorWash

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex