Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

First video help

smith

Join
Sep 27, 2017
This is the first video i have uploaded on youtube. Anything i can do to maje things better,what video editor is best to use?
Thanks

Ok use the footage from your Spark SD card as that is the 1080p footage. Your upload is only 720p which I suspect you got from your phone.... I use Windows Movie Maker and upscale the video to 1080p @ 60fps when I save it and I find that smooths out the panning from side to side.....
And for panorama shots use DJI Media Maker for your pc to stitch the images it takes together.... much higher resolution than what your phone app can create.

Reactions: smith
Ok use the footage from your Spark SD card as that is the 1080p footage. Your upload is only 720p which I suspect you got from your phone.... I use Windows Movie Maker and upscale the video to 1080p @ 60fps when I save it and I find that smooths out the panning from side to side.....
And for panorama shots use DJI Media Maker for your pc to stitch the images it takes together.... much higher resolution than what your phone app can create.
Thanks i was wondering why 1080 wasnt coming up,thanks for that tip.

Reactions: Wombatclay
I like the lighting conditions in the video, and an interesting video subject with the rows of houses with the city in the background. At one point it looks like you had the gimbal on FPV mode and aside from that I would either really slow down with the rotation / yaw and gimbal movements or cut them out of the video using your editor.

In terms of video editor it depends on your computer, whether its a Mac or a Windows PC and whether you prefer to edit on a computer or a tablet. Which do you have?

I like the lighting conditions in the video, and an interesting video subject with the rows of houses with the city in the background. At one point it looks like you had the gimbal on FPV mode and aside from that I would either really slow down with the rotation / yaw and gimbal movements or cut them out of the video using your editor.

In terms of video editor it depends on your computer, whether its a Mac or a Windows PC and whether you prefer to edit on a computer or a tablet. Which do you have?
Lol i know the video is not great, i have a pc..im still new pilot was nerve racking being up there.
Thanks for help

I'm a Mac user and tend to use Final Cut Pro, and I know many Windows users will have some suggestions but I don't think you can go wrong with the free version of Davinci Resolve which works on Mac, Windows and Linux Blackmagic Design: DaVinci Resolve 14

Reactions: Criptix
So, what could you do better:

Try avoid turning, and if you want turning make sure it's a bit slower. Generally, try slower movements for longer in one direction, when transitioning from one direction to another, try to cut and transition there. Use tripod mode. Match your video to the background music you picked.
Check out YouTube, there's a ton of people with tips and tutorials for "cinematic drone video".

As for software, personally I like Adobe Premiere Pro, however just like some of the other options mentioned in this thread that might be overwhelming, so it really depends on how much time you want to invest. If you want to learn cutting and composition, go with adobe's stuff, you will find tons of tutorials for those. If you just want to make a few videos for yourself, go for movie maker, or similar aimed products (Magix video coming to my mind)

Reactions: smith

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef