Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Flight Altitude exceeds 0 m. May violate local policies and regulations.

NOLADG

Join
Nov 28, 2019
Recently when I have been flying, the following red warning pops up at random times. "Flight altitude exceeds 0 m. May violate local policies and regulations. Ensure you have obtained proper airspace authorization"

I have checked Airmap, DJI maps and others and all show the area is in the green for each of the areas this has happened in. I have checked my local and state laws to see if there are any new laws that maybe DJI knows about and have found none.

What is strange too is the randomness that it pops up. Like one flight out of two or three in the same area or sometimes mid flight.

I have also had the yellow "Your acraift has entered a Warning Zone (Airport). Please fly with caution" pop up with similar randomness, but a lot less often and of course when I am many miles away from any airports.

Has anyone else had these issues?

Recently when I have been flying, the following red warning pops up at random times. "Flight altitude exceeds 0 m. May violate local policies and regulations. Ensure you have obtained proper airspace authorization"

I have checked Airmap, DJI maps and others and all show the area is in the green for each of the areas this has happened in. I have checked my local and state laws to see if there are any new laws that maybe DJI knows about and have found none.

What is strange too is the randomness that it pops up. Like one flight out of two or three in the same area or sometimes mid flight.

I have also had the yellow "Your acraift has entered a Warning Zone (Airport). Please fly with caution" pop up with similar randomness, but a lot less often and of course when I am many miles away from any airports.

Has anyone else had these issues?
Where are you? That o m warning is strange isn't it. TFR's can pop up at any time in the US but I doubt that DJI's software would show them.

Perhaps set your max altitude at 0mtrs in Settings. Have a look.

Unfortunately, this is not the case. My max altitude is set for 119 m and the drone stops climbing at this altitude and displayed the Max Flight altitude reached message.. I flew a three flights in the same area tonight and once again I saw this message on one of them.

I think figured out the nearby "airport" alerts are referring to a heliport. Possibly I turned something on in the settings on the DJI GO 4 app that made these messages appear.

TFR's can pop up at any time in the US but I doubt that DJI's software would show them.

Actually from my experience, DJI's Software has shown TFR's and restricted flying unless you unlock the zone. I am in New Orleans metro area and many times, flying was restricted due to events at the Superdome. I do update my programs and databases and check other programs such as Airmap, KittyHawk, B4UFly to stay within the law and they were not showing a TFR either.

Today I had a flight in what I see as clear airspace at Airmap. As I returned near my starting position for the 4th time in this flight, the "0 m" message came up again at 10m 33.7s

Any thoughts?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme