Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Flight time with my Spark

Darrell Cook

Join
Jan 29, 2019
I am only getting around 9 or 10 minutes of flight time. I know it claims to fly 15-16 minutes. Any suggestions on this?

There are a cpl of factors regarding flight time, ie... wind, and temp and also if in sport mode. I generally get about 11mins myself.

Reactions: Andre Levite
Hovering in place also uses more battery than when moving. That seems counter-intuitive to me but DJI always uses slow forward movement in their flight duration tests.

Nobody outside of DJI has ever gotten the full 16 minutes flight time stated in the specifications -- not even with a tail wind.

I usually land with 15-20% battery remaining after a 12 minute flight. As stated advice there are several other factors. Cold temps can have a profound effect this time of year.

Reactions: Haggi and Arabak58
I only get 11/12 minutes for general flight. Though if I bring it back to me at 10:% and just pootle around I can get 13/14 minutes.

I am only getting around 9 or 10 minutes of flight time. I know it claims to fly 15-16 minutes. Any suggestions on this?

Sounds about right.
I think DJI starts the clock running after you turn it on.;)

A minute or two for Home Point lock on the first launch, a flight in whatever conditions, and a safe return home is all too short when your are having fun or trying to get the shot you want.

Multiple batteries and practices will help get the most from the limited flight time of the Spark.

I will think about a flight and do the Panos / Sphere early to ensure plenty of battery power is there for the shot(s).

Reactions: Andre Levite

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmirOmerov