Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Flights of Mozzie

Trying my hand at capturing something more than trees and "bush". I think the next time I'll have to either position myself better or fly on a less windy day. Maybe even both. The spark had a few issues on this flight relating to software updates and rusty piloting.

In short the wall starts at the river level and travels uphill, and along a ridge. So the wind was much worse as I crested and thats to the length of the wall I ran out of range (geo fence). Next time I'll take a position on the ridge and fly the length of the wall. That will also give me a legal altitude ceiling that should allow the entire wall to be visible!

When you've been to all the "regular" tourist places in Malaysia its time to step a little into the unknown. In 2018 that meant a stay on the Island of Labuan. Our base was the Palm Beach Resort & Spa, with this video giving an overview of the resort and its private beach all flying from the balcony of the room!

I left the "recovery" aka - how to land in an enclosed balcony space at the end :) The GPS wouldn't pick up enough satellites under the roof line so the RTH location was only ever recorded a few metres away from the balcony, pretty much in a Palm tree.

Reactions: pmshop
Yet another flight around my local area. Now that we're in Spring you can see the yellow of the wattles changing the colour of the landscape. Still dry though! We've just had rains this last two weeks since I took this video so hopefully it will green up before drying over summer.

This video sort of closes a loop of the Nature Park / Murrumbidgee River corridor I’ve been flying in. Red Rock Gorge lies between the Kambah Pool and the northern reaches of Pine Island Park.

It’s a 5.5km walk out there from either direction but as it turns out well worth the effort.

Had some issues with the Spark initiating etc but once overcome it flew faultlessly as expected.

Something cool about being able walk out of the office and go for a fly “in the bush” at lunchtime. It’s literally 1 mile (1600m) from my desk :)

Just a DJIGO4 auto edit of the 720 footage...

Had some wild weather lately so here's a mash up between earlier this week and today at my regular flying park. You can see just how windy it is as the trees trash about.

We also are having a "dust storm" after almost record levels of rain in the last 3 days.

Reactions: alditenen

Back in the air after a few weeks of terrible flying weather.

It was a balmy 37 degrees C when I was out flying for this video, and I had a 3.2km walk from the office to the point where I ended taking off! (the route back to the office was shorter at 2.2km)

Reactions: alditenen

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef