Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Fly within your limits

While I'm still trying to resolve a map cache problem, I keep seeing posts everywhere about turning off any nearby Bluetooth devices to help insure a safer hook up.

Is this just for flying with a mobile device be it a phone or tablet?

What about using the RC with mobile device wi-fi connection?

What about using RC with mobile device and OTG cable?

Is turning off the Bluetooth just any device that's on me, like my phone in my pocket or is it ALL Bluetooth devices within range?

Would seem annoying to tell everybody around to turn off their devices and kill the mood of the party especially when you kill the Bluetooth speakers and lose the music.:(

Just kidding of course but...?

Personally I turn off Bluetooth on the phone and tab I have and keep my Garmin watch in the car, but I don't know how "active" it is. The bicycle is full of Bluetooth sensors but they remain quite when the bicycle is stopped.
Usually there is nobody with me [emoji30], so no issue on that side.

I leave my Bluetooth on. I've never had an issue at all. But I've made a decision about the device I'm going to use strictly for flying. I was using my everyday phone, an LG Stylo 3. But I was getting cutouts and app crashes. So I switched to my old LG Stylo 2 that isn't activated anymore. It works with Wi-Fi but that's all. It seems to work much better and no cutouts or app crashes.

I've even done multiple compass calibrations with my smart watch still on my wrist. It's an LG Urbane. Also has an all metal band on it. I've never gotten any warnings or nothing. The worst warning I've gotten on the app was high wind velocity. I'm up to to 145+ flights now.

I guess the whole bt off is more a precaution if you dont want problems (e.g. testing distance limit) or if you are having issues with connection etc.
If it works with BT around, then no need to turn it off, it is up to you.

If you fly at 5.8G using OTG cable, then BT should not be an issue but if one of the link is using 2.4G and especially the link to Spark, then BT active will create an issue.

I have updated my firmware to the most current version and I have noticed some definite improvements. More responsive, better range, quickshots work like they should, and gesture mode is improved as well.

Getting better DJI. Keep up the good work so far.

Sent from my LG-M430 using SparkPilots Spark Forum mobile app

I think the amount of complains and problems the last 2 firmware updates gave was so not professional. But hey, they fixed it now!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar