Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Flying in Sweetwater Creek valley just outside Yellowstone National Park

GeoM1

Join
Jan 23, 2019
Here is a YouTube of a hike I took Dec 27 this year up a snowy canyon in Wyoming near Yellowstone. Aside from just wanting to hike that drainage, we wanted to see the remains of an old Lodge after the 2008 Gunbarrel Fire. It's all manual DJI Spark flying and with so much open space, it was pretty easy to keep it steady.
Nothing special about the video (it's a clip from a longer video), but its pretty! Hope you enjoy.
https://youtu.be/mUY-VfroiZ8

Very beautiful scenery. Nice job on the sticks. I know I have problems with smooth stick control unless I'm in tripod mode. Thanks for sharing!

Man, I want to get out flying! Beautiful shots. Surprised at the lack of snow. We're 400 miles south and have more snow plus verrrry cold- only got up to 20 F today. Too cold to fly for me.

Reactions: GeoM1
I usually use sport mode to get to where I need to go then switch to whatever mode I need.
Yes and I often forget to use Sport. It’s the flight getting “there” I like videoing so in Sport ya really have to be stable. I’ll remember next time, thanks.

Man, I want to get out flying! Beautiful shots. Surprised at the lack of snow. We're 400 miles south and have more snow plus verrrry cold- only got up to 20 F today. Too cold to fly for me.
I visited this same valley about this time last year (I live just north across the border in Montana). It was light snow then too. My 1st thought is that the area has much much less precipitation than mid-Yellowstone. Nearby Cody gets 41” snow and Yellowstone average is about 150”. Our hike was in between. But yes, increasing draught and temperature is obvious.

Reactions: sharps45
Very nice video! Did you find the lodge?
Yes and no. It burned down. Only some fencing remained. The forest service did much to remove any remnants. The only thing left is dead areas, yellow staining, and the strong smell of H2S from an old hot spring.

Very nice. Were you using active track while walking in the trail. Interesting to see the snow on one side of yet hill and grass down the other side. Thanks for sharing. My wife and I are going to do that trip soon. We travel in an Rv.

Reactions: GeoM1
Very nice. Were you using active track while walking in the trail. Interesting to see the snow on one side of yet hill and grass down the other side. Thanks for sharing. My wife and I are going to do that trip soon. We travel in an Rv.
No active track.Cold, not much battery left, didn’t want to take the time to setup. I’m reminded that I have much more Spark video that looks pretty good, some not, but I edited it out of the full hiking YouTube video was getting long at 5 min. Yeh, the snow pattern is all about warmer W facing slopes vs colder E facing ones. Enjoy your travels, visit. I ride in an ‘87 VW Westfalia and love van camping!

I ride in an ‘87 VW Westfalia and love van camping!

We had a neighbor a long time ago and he had an
original "bread box" camper microbus.

I thought it was cool verses the giant Winnebago the other neighbor had.

I always liked VW's and the microbus was the original minivan.

I did use Active Track driving my van this Fall, also in Wyoming. Turned out real nice. Photo here:1578367991775.jpeg

Reactions: RotorWash

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast