Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

"Forward vision sensor calibration error" -- but Spark flies fine. Recovered from water damage.

freesparking

Join
Jul 9, 2020
Sparky once had a drink of fresh water, dried out and eventually returned to business. Everything works fine, but GO 4 has the scrolling error message above. The status menu however says the vision system is normal so what do I believe?

I don't know if this is referring to the gimbal camera or the collision camera. Neither seem to have any visible or functional issues. Both work as expected.

I can't see any Google hits or forum hits for this on a Spark but plenty of links for Mavic and instructions on calibrating the sensor, which don't work for this.

I could just keep flying it ?‍♂️:cool:

The Dji Spark full manual was helpful to me yesterday with some questions I had about the Vision System. I had read it over a year ago....but it was good for a refresher in the finer points.

As I read it the “ gimbal mounted “ camera is what you see with your eyes. The forward and downward “ cameras” are Infra Red and see for the collision avoidance system.

When the sensor on my Spark was damaged I had it repaired thinking that it was a safety issue but the Mini doesn't even have one so If all else was good I'd probably let it be.

I tend to agree Mr. hiflyer.
If indeed the Down or forward sensor was damages I would try to turn off the sensors and see if I continued to get a warning. Without Vision Sensors in theory you would be flying like Mini.

Ill try that later today. I am bored :)

I tend to agree Mr. hiflyer.
If indeed the Down or forward sensor was damages I would try to turn off the sensors and see if I continued to get a warning. Without Vision Sensors in theory you would be flying like Mini.

Ill try that later today. I am bored :)

How did it go?

Thanks for the responses all. I'm happy flying it as-is, although curiosity and mild OCD would like to get to the bottom of it.

I tried the gesture control today and it was flakey, so that might be a clue, who knows.
Cheers

How did it go?

Thanks for the responses all. I'm happy flying it as-is, although curiosity and mild OCD would like to get to the bottom of it.

I tried the gesture control today and it was flakey, so that might be a clue, who knows.
Cheers
I have an intermittent similar problem after a low air crash of 10 feet on a battery drop out. Sometimes the infrared works even and gesture control sometimes it does not most of the time it does not. I’ve partially taken it down to the circuitry but yet not all the way looking for a core solder connection which is the most likely cause . I will also be turning it down further the rest of the way before throwing any parts at it. It’s my hobby flyer for fun everything else works great, but it does not sense correctly the Heights at low altitude is off which can pose a problem when you are attempting to land in tight quarters or on a boat . If anyone has found anything on this intermittent problem please let me know. I avoid flying indoors now as the sensor does not work .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme