Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

FT Aviator: A whole new way to fly your DJI drone

J

Jack Towne

ft-aviator5.jpg

The FT Aviator is a joystick that was designed by NASA astronaut Scott Parazynski. He believed that there was a better and easier way to fly than the traditional two-joystick controller. This unique remote will connect to most DJI drones and gives the pilot a whole new experience in flying. I was incredibly skeptical, but after I got my hands on one, I understood exactly why Parazynski developed it. Keep reading to learn more about this one-of-a-kind $449 remote control. more…

The post FT Aviator: A whole new way to fly your DJI drone appeared first on DroneDJ.

Continue reading...

The above is all nice and accurate, but the bad news is at this time it’s not compatible with the Spark series.

Scroll down to see the current models:

Aviator model compatibility

Jake
I have looked at the videos and I do not see how it is a one handed controller....you need two hands to use it. Also, you still need to have your normal controller turned on and cabled to the Aviator. Not interested at all.

Reactions: PhantomFandom
I have looked at the videos and I do not see how it is a one handed controller....you need two hands to use it.

I think that's a bit of a semantic screw up. You can fly the craft with one hand - all the flight controls are on the stick by the look of it - you just need to use two hands to *hold* the controller. They certainly could have worded it better.

In the video, it looked like the controller was mounted to a tripod in a few scenes, which I find to be a great idea for this style of controller. Let's hope they add the Spark later.

Having something else to lug around sort of defeats the purpose of portability.

Something like this isn't necessarily an answer, but...

Screenshot_20190731-131902~2.png

It keeps your hands free and it will move with you as you fly.

Available at Lightake

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers