Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

G P S

Here are some threads about flying in Atti-mode (no GPS).

Some have said wrapping aluminum foil on the rear of the Spark to cover the GPS antenna located on the top rear.
Don't cover up the side vents.

Others have modified the software to force the Spark into Atti-mode.

The safest way is to purchase a cheaper drone without GPS and practice with that.

Better to crash that one verses the Spark.

Good luck.?

I would not use aluminum foil because if you do this not quite right, the gps signal will not be blocked completely, which will result in erratic behaviour. I think it is better to force the Spark in Atti-mode somehow (never done that).

I agree with Spark 317's answer about getting a cheaper drone to practice with. Walmart sells a Sharper Image drone for $60.00. If you can learn to fly it you can fly anything! But if you do buy it, be sure and install the prop guards. You do get 2 extra props but you'll use those up quickly without the guards on. It does take constant, hands on control to avoid crashing but like I said, once you get the hang of it, you can fly anything. Enjoy!

Buy a cheap toy quadcopter on ebay. Get one that is small enough to fly indoors but large enough to fly outdoors. And buy one that has altitude hold. The Spark uses altitude hold when in ATTI mode so the flying experience will be somewhat similar.

Just recently, the Eachine E58 was mentioned. It is a small Mavic Pro clone with some good features. Looks like a good choice in my opinion.

I've got a $30 throw-away drone (holy stone HS170) that I use for practice. I fly it about once per month and it's always surprising how hard it is to control for the 1st several minutes!

Buy a Tello
Not that I need one but I thought at one time that it would be fun to play with until I heard that they are prone to flyaways just like a Spark. Too bad.

Not that I need one but I thought at one time that it would be fun to play with until I heard that they are prone to flyaways just like a Spark. Too bad.
Every drone will fly away, if you fly beyond its capabilities and specs.

Tello is a small drone, for indoors mainly. You can fly it outdoors, if there is no wind at all, and always in a small distance around you.

Just turn off GPS and fly. Everyone that owns a drone should be able to fly that way. If you can't you have no business flying at all....
Sooo - how would you turn off GPS (on a Spark)? Just curious.

how to practice to fly without gps
first buy a whoop there 20 bucks on ebay.... last 3 minttes in the air.. and perfect for beginers and orientation.. then work your way up to a headless flyer.. or gps flier there about 90 bucks a hubsan model with gps... then if you crash its only 90 bucks

then work your way up to a small home built with gps and with rth etc.. drone you can buy flight controllers and gps modules and the firmware is free.. and do that..

then buy a dji drone..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme