Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Getting Ready for Winter

Chrislaf

Join
Oct 12, 2017
Loc
ON, Canada
Here's a 180º pano I took yesterday of a local sailing club nearby where I live. Most of the sailboats are now stored and some fall colours are still visible even though we have had lots of rain and high winds just a few days ago. It's calling for snow later this week and possibly on Halloween night so winter is definitely on the way. Unlike many people, I am looking forward to winter and yes snow, as it allows for some great picture taking opportunities.

After almost 2 years of owning my Spark, I am still amazed at the quality of the photos it can take.

View attachment SPARK-0001-Pano.jpg

Chris

Very nice pano.

I agree that winter has it's beautiful side, unless driving in it. :D

Very nice pano.

I agree that winter has it's beautiful side, unless driving in it. :D
Thanks. Yes driving in winter can be tricky sometimes. Just got my snow tires on last week so my truck is ready for snow. Bring it on!

Chris

Enjoyed your pano. I haven't tried it yet, but it's a really cool looking feature. Looking forward to seeing more of our members' wintery photos and videos. Thanks for sharing.

Enjoyed your pano. I haven't tried it yet, but it's a really cool looking feature. Looking forward to seeing more of our members' wintery photos and videos. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks! Yes the pano feature on the Spark works well. I fly my drones all year long including in the winter. I often have trouble with the pano feature in winter as the gimbal will often stick or not pitch its whole range in sub-zero temps so I do more manual panos. I also do less hand launching/landing as hands quickly get cold when exposed.

Chris

Loved the pano Chris. Unfortunately, this Halloween the frost is on the pumpkin. We have the same weather forecast for Halloween also. Glad you got one last Fall picture before the white stuff comes. Gorgeous shot. Thanks for sharing.

Loved the pano Chris. Unfortunately, this Halloween the frost is on the pumpkin. We have the same weather forecast for Halloween also. Glad you got one last Fall picture before the white stuff comes. Gorgeous shot. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks, I love shooting panos. I shoot more panos than anything else with my drones.

Chris

Here's a 180º pano I took yesterday of a local sailing club nearby where I live. Most of the sailboats are now stored and some fall colours are still visible even though we have had lots of rain and high winds just a few days ago. It's calling for snow later this week and possibly on Halloween night so winter is definitely on the way. Unlike many people, I am looking forward to winter and yes snow, as it allows for some great picture taking opportunities.

After almost 2 years of owning my Spark, I am still amazed at the quality of the photos it can take.

View attachment 11764
Table Rock in the fall
Chris

Took Spark up for a quick flight today before it started to get too windy. It was the coldest day so far this fall, -11ºC in the morning. When I did the Spark flight just before lunch it had warmed up to -8ºC with a wind chill of -15ºC. I had some problems with the gimbal on the Spark sticking as I expected, so my first pano attempt failed. A few pitches of the gimbal up and down freed it so that it could complete the pano below of the Sailing Club I had shot earlier at the end of October.

View attachment Sailing Club 2.jpg

What a difference a couple of hours make. It was sunny and clear when I took this shot around 11:30am, but now we are having a snow squall and it's windy. Looks very wintery out now but unfortunately it's too windy to take my Spark up.

Winter seems to be coming early this year. The local ski hills are planning on opening this Friday.

Enjoy your day!

Chris

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme