Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Gimbal failure not honored by DJI

Roger Hall

Join
Dec 23, 2017
I bought a Spark and took delivery on April 6, 2018. I have over 15 drones and have been flying for two years. I flew the Spark 5 or 6 times without incident. The last time i flew it, i landed with the gimbal pointing down to the landing area, a picnic table, without incident. After the last flight, I changed the battery and restarted the spark, The gimbal didn't move on start up. I made several calls to DJI. We reinstalled the firmware twice using DJI assistant 2 without effect. They told me to send it in under warranty since it was only two days since I activated it.
I sent it in. DJI then asked me the same questions I had answered both with the tech and the form I used to return it. They then asked me to synchronize the flight logs, which I did.

The next communication I received confirmed that the flight log documented that the drone did not crash but they went on to say that the gimbal was not covered due to my negligence even though the drone is in perfect condition without a scratch on it and there isn't any evidence to support their claim.

You do not get to speak with the person that makes this decision and it is final. Bottom line, pay $76. and we will fix the gimbal that should be covered under warranty.

Great product; lousy customer service. Autel, Parrot, Yuneec, are far superior in standing behind their product.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johny parker