Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Gimbal question?

KillRbee18

Join
Aug 11, 2020
So I bought a drone from offerup. As of right now, the unit seems to fly okay and it takes some real good pictures and videos. But when I try to adjust the gimbal through my smartphone the gimbal does not react. The drone has crashed in the past but if the damage was so severe why would the camera still take pictures and videos? Has anyone changed out the camera before? Is it a hard process? How much am I looking at it to get it repaired. Or do you suggest I just go and upgrade to the Mavic?

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland KillRbee18.

I haven't flown with a phone but you might check in the camera / gimbal menu to see if the Spark is in FPV or Follow mode, if available.

It might have something to do with it?

Usually if there is a gimbal problem, a warning prompt will pop up to contact DJI for service.

There are tear down videos of the Spark on YouTube that may help if you're good at electronic repairs.

Nothing wrong with a Mavic upgrade, but the Spark can be a lot of fun too. Especially if you get a remote control for it.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Reactions: hiflyer

I haven't flown with a phone but you might check in the camera / gimbal menu to see if the Spark is in FPV or Follow mode, if available.

Usually if there is a gimbal problem, a warning prompt will pop up to contact DJI for service.

There are tear down videos of the Spark on YouTube that may help if you're good at electronic repairs.

Nothing wrong with a Mavic upgrade, but the Spark can be a lot of fun too. Especially if you get a remote control for it.

Hoosier Heartland,
I have some bad news. Prior to takeoff I seen the red triangle that said my gimbal had an error and that I needed to take it in to a DJI repair shop. I wonder how much it’ll cost me.

• Sad
Reactions: Spark 317
I think you can look up a parts list. the gimbal is expensive, but I have found DJI to be fair in their pricing. Right now they are very slow.
I have the utmost respect for 317.."The Indiana Kid" I call him..;) but if you can afford it ..I would upgrade to the Air 2..but I'm sure you could have your Spark repaired and be very happy with it

I think you can look up a parts list. the gimbal is expensive, but I have found DJI to be fair in their pricing. Right now they are very slow.
I have the utmost respect for 317.."The Indiana Kid" I call him..;) but if you can afford it ..I would upgrade to the Air 2..but I'm sure you could have your Spark repaired and be very happy with it
Thank you for your help— I will definitely ask for him if I am allowed

yeah, I'd get a remote first mate, it adds so much to the Spark & features too you will love it

Prior to takeoff I seen the red triangle that said my gimbal had an error and that I needed to take it in to a DJI repair shop.

Have you tried to reboot the Spark? If the gimbal is restricted - such as the drone not sitting on a flat surface and anything hits the camera/gimbal while it is trying to do its boot up movements it will indicate this error.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme