Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Gimbal Speed

Lastrexking

Join
Jun 2, 2017
Loc
Yorkshire
Just curious what speed people have their gimbal set to? I fine the default speed too fast. I’ve currently settled on 21.

Sounds good.

Mine is at 19 and with the variable speed thumb wheel (the lighter you move the wheel, the results will follow), I find this acceptable.

Plus, once you're up in the air looking around, flip it into Tripod Mode and you can look above your current altitude.

It's that time of season when the hot air balloon pilots are out in the cool evenings and launch in my area.

I can fly the Spark at 100 feet (30 m) altitude and pan around from my backyard and see quite a bit, but I never get anything cool (yet).

Like the WW II Bomber that flew over today.

Oh yeah, I assigned one of the function buttons on the RC to instantly pan up / down to reset.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171007-125838.png
    Screenshot_20171007-125838.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Sounds good.

Mine is at 19 and with the variable speed thumb wheel (the lighter you move the wheel, the results will follow), I find this acceptable.

Plus, once you're up in the air looking around, flip it into Tripod Mode and you can look above your current altitude.

It's that time of season when the hot air balloon pilots are out in the cool evenings and launch in my area.

I can fly the Spark at 100 feet (30 m) altitude and pan around from my backyard and see quite a bit, but I never get anything cool (yet).

Like the WW II Bomber that flew over today.

Oh yeah, I assigned one of the function buttons on the RC to instantly pan up / down to reset.

I saw that bomber too! I was too far away to see it clearly, but could tell it was big and slow...way cool!

How did you do that?

To the OP, I haven’t set mine yet, I didn’t think it made much of a difference anyways when I did adjust it playing around. I just scroll the wheel very gently.

How did you do that?

To the OP, I haven’t set mine yet, I didn’t think it made much of a difference anyways when I did adjust it playing around. I just scroll the wheel very gently.

Open settings and tap the RC icon (blue icon)..

Screenshot_20170902-154104.png I have the "Gimbal Pitch Speed" set to "13". I'm able to do vertical pans just slow enough to keep a feature in the same position as I'm flying in from a distance to it. I can also start a vertical pan so slow you can't really notice and then gradually increase pressure on the wheel to speed up the pan.

Reactions: TrooperDrone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar