Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

gimble Bounce.

texman1776

Join
Oct 22, 2018
I have replaced Gimble. Incerted Camera original screws etc
The Camera has 4 possible ways to be re incerted, 12 O Clock, 3,6,9 O clock. there a notch on the Camera IC board and camera lenses side has 3 crystal on the face. And the lenses base has an offset lobed side. The printed side has copper tracks that makes an " H" Not positive which side is top aidentify identies the bottom.

Put it back together after the 20 ft drop where drone wouldn't respond on auto land and drifted into a tree 75 feet off target.

The was blank
Installed new harness now camera bounces up n Down.

Can't tell which component controlled Gamble alignment.
Or if Camera is bouncing because of Camera gyro aliment,
It still sitting on my Bench.

You might need to calibrate gimbal.
DJI SPARK GIMBAL CALIBRATION

I figured it out. When Installing the Camera putting it back together, The Camera Circuit board has a Notch on it. The wires are traced down to the notch, wrapped back to the front on the lense side of the board. The tape on the harness fits to front side of the notch.
The micro harness comes back up the lense side through the IC board closure plate, that has three matched screws.

Attachments

• 20181022_162244.jpg
    20181022_162244.jpg
    992.2 KB · Views: 17
You might need to calibrate gimbal.
DJI SPARK GIMBAL CALIBRATION

Being in Photography 30 years, Drones, back when the only thing you could fly was micro 110 film rocket head.
LOL
I was putting Camera on Collective pitch Gassers a leaned a little about Rotor Bounce on Digital Cameras.
Putting what I've learned from the past the bounce reminded me of a camera once that was trying to stabilize on a horizon level. The Camera was mounted 180 degrees out.
Just like A Chevy 350 with a distributor mounted 180 out. You can get it to run. But it's going to be a rough ride?
After calling DJI and getting as much help as an Alcoholic returning an Empty bottle to the store.
I realized the camera was possibly upsidedown. I played with it a little more, the camera fits 4 ways.

I knew the key was the notch on the ICB. Figured it out.
The camera goes back in notch facing elevator of camera with the harness wrapped through the notch back around to the front. And so on.

After back together. test flight was flawless.

Except I rewired the trasmiter to work more Gooder. I'm getting 3,000 feet distance 400ft feet high. Or roughly 3/4 mile. Down town out in the country here is about a mile away. I can almost make it there. For my morning traffic report.

I figured it out. When Installing the Camera putting it back together, The Camera Circuit board has a Notch on it. The wires are traced down to the notch, wrapped back to the front on the lense side of the board. The tape on the harness fits to front side of the notch.
The micro harness comes back up the lense side through the IC board closure plate, that has three matched screws.

Not sure if the picture works.
But I can draw a better sketch of DJI camera design with detailed information. I'm also quazi Artist.
This build saves $200.00 + in repairs

I have the same issue. Changed wires and still the same but can this routing cable option solve the problem?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme