Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Gimble overload

Sparkyman

Join
Sep 15, 2019
I been getting a gimble overload once in a while but then goes away then comes back while flying in winds around 20 to 25 mph is wind causing the problem or is there another problem?

This message most commonly pops up when something is restricting the gimbal movement at start-up. Sometimes it can happen due to a filter installed or taking off from a surface which is not level and which has some interference with the gimbal unit at start-up. You can check if anything is restricting the gimbal when the AC is in OFF condition.You should be able to rotate the gimbal with zero friction. See if there is any dirt or debris stuck somewhere. I have no experience of flying under such high wind speeds and hence can't tell for sure if that could be a factor too.

I have this issue too and have learnt to live with it. One thing might help and seems to work for me-I have my gimbal as a shortcut on the wheel top left of my RC and when I roll it to move the gimbal I do it really slowly. Also I understand a small dose of compressed air from a canister (available on Amazon) aimed carefully at the edges of the gimbal can help although be really careful where you direct the air.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502